We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legoland

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 22
Legoland

Just wondered whether there are other things to see and do in Legoland apart from rides.

Are the Q-bots a worthy investment or do so many people use them that it doesn't make waits shorter?

If we are taking our 3 yr old do we just pay from him so he can take rides on his own or would we need to register a parent on a Q-bot. I wasn't planning on going on any rides but thought there would be rides a 3 yr old could do on his own.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 144
1. Re: Legoland

Here are some answers to your questions:

Q-Bots:

www.legoland.co.uk/Plan/qbot/Q-Bot-FAQ/

Tickets (you'll need to pay even if you don't ride the rides):

http://www.legoland.co.uk/Plan/tickets/

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
reviews: 48
2. Re: Legoland

Disclaimer: although my daughter loved Legoland, at 13 she hasn't requested to go there for 2 years now, so my thoughts may be out of date :-(

The rides that your 3 year old would be allowed to go on by himself wouldn't be the rides that you'd need the Q-bot for, in my opinion. There would be enough for you and him to do, but you might think that £30 (or whatever it is these days) is a bit steep, if you're only making use of half the park. And the Q-bot adds even more to the price. If you can get a BOGOF voucher for you adults, that'll help the cost! (PM me if you'd like one - I collect loads of them on various products over here, and won't get to use them, so somebody may as well make use of them)

You will spend a fair bit of time exploring the Legoworld anyway; if it's a warm day take his swimming trunks and a towel and let him splash around in the wet play area near Duploland; ride on the train that just goes around the park; pan for 'gold' (extra cost involved :-( ), let him loose on the driving school (the littl'uns one; you'll be bored stiff watching him go around, but he'll love it); other rides, even the tame 'baby' ones, I'm pretty sure you'll have to go on with him. (Storybrook Tales - the most boring 'river' ride going, but it's quite relaxing actually, or the boating school (which DOES get long queues). Yes, thinking about it, there probably is enough, but I'd be itching to go on the 'big' rides! (And we're talking Legoland 'big'. The term is relative. The rides are all of the 'pink knuckle' variety rather than white knuckle)

3. Re: Legoland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:35 am, June 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Windsor