We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

left luggage

Which Salisbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stevenson Ranch...
left luggage

I've read that Salisbury station no longer takes left luggage after one with a bomb in it was left there last year. Where can I now leave my luggage in Salisbury while I tour the Cathedral and such? Does the Cat Tavern still do it?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Lynn

21 replies to this topic
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
reviews: 46
1. Re: left luggage

The Cat Tavern was doing so last year, but you'd be best phoning them to make sure.

115 South Western Road Salisbury, SP2 7RR

Tel: 01722 327955

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
reviews: 3
2. Re: left luggage

There was no specific incident in Salisbury that caused this situation.

Very few train stations in the UK now offer left luggage facilities because of the risk of the luggage containing explosives (although as far as I know this fear has so far been unfounded).

P-t-B

Smiths Falls, Canada
reviews: 36
3. Re: left luggage

We are planning to do some touring in Salisbury while heading to Bath by train from Southampton after our cruise end on Oct/25th, 20112. I've heard that the Cat's Tavern accepts luggage. Does any one know if they are still doing this or have any other ideas?

Smiths Falls, Canada
4. Re: left luggage

We are planning to do some touring in Salisbury while heading to Bath by train from Southampton after our cruise end on Oct/25th, 20112. I've heard that the Cat's Tavern accepts luggage. Does any one know if they are still doing this or have any other ideas?

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
reviews: 3
5. Re: left luggage

Please see message 1 for our advice on this.

P-t-B

Salisbury
reviews: 57
6. Re: left luggage

Yes the Cat Tavern still does left luggage. £3 per item. It's open early in the morning and closes late at night.

Smiths Falls, Canada
7. Re: left luggage

Great news! Thanks for the reply as this means we can see the sites and continue on to Bath without woryring about our luggage.

Exeter, United...
reviews: 166
8. Re: left luggage

I suspect that the "real" reason that stations do not keep left luggage is that they would have to employ more staff which these days is regarded with horror!

More staff = better customer service?

Tallahassee, Florida
reviews: 5
9. Re: left luggage

We'll be traveling in March 2014. These posts are a few years old. Any update on if this is still an option?

Tallahassee, Florida
reviews: 5
10. Re: left luggage

Hi -

are you from Salisbury? Does the Cat Tavern still take luggage?

any tips on must-sees from a local?

thanks!!

Reply to: left luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salisbury