We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stonehenge

Which Salisbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
stonehenge

is it cheaper to take a taxi for 4 epeople than to take the bus to stonehenge?

London, United...
reviews: 101
1. Re: stonehenge

Where from ?

Cincinnati, Ohio
2. Re: stonehenge

salisbury

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
reviews: 48
3. Re: stonehenge

Maybe; about the same Last time I asked (in order to answer other similar queries) I was quoted £45 for the return journey, with the taxi driver waiting at Stonehenge for you.

http://www.thestonehengetour.info/times.shtml

4 adults, tour only = £44... if you have children, then it would be cheaper.

Salisbury
reviews: 62
4. Re: stonehenge

Most of the taxi drivers on the rank outside the station now charge about £35 for a return journey. If you have luggage it can be left in the taxi while you tour Stonehenge. You cannot leave luggage on the bus.

Agree the price and the time you want to be at Stonehenge before you leave the station rank.

Salisbury
reviews: 8
5. Re: stonehenge

I would just add that you do get quite a lot of further information about Stonehenge, the Cathedral and the area in general on the bus tour as there is a running commentary. You also get the option to get off at Old Sarum for the castle if you wish and return on a later bus. Taxi would obviously be quicker - your choice.

6. Re: stonehenge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 pm, October 16, 2012