We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel frlom Wiltshire to Heathrow

Which Salisbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
reviews: 1
travel frlom Wiltshire to Heathrow

My elderley mother in law is wanting to get transport from Wiltshire to Heathrow airport. She will need to leave home in the early hours of the morning. Is there sonme sort of shuttlebus type thing available, or will she need to get a taxi, what sort of cost should she expect,

Many thanks

Cotswolds
1. Re: travel frlom Wiltshire to Heathrow

Well apart from posting under Salisbury you don't say where in Wiltshire.

Salisbury - I can't think of anything other than a taxi

Elsewhere in Wiltshire - Chippenham and Swindon have early morning National Express services

Going the previous evening and an airport hotel would be more relaxed and could well be cheaper than a taxi. Other than that it will be very expensive, no idea on cost.

sydney
2. Re: travel frlom Wiltshire to Heathrow

Sorry for being vague, I meant to put Wilton in Wiltshire

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
reviews: 3
3. Re: travel frlom Wiltshire to Heathrow

There is a National Express coach which departs from Salisbury Bus Station at 6.50 am and arrives at Heathrow at 9.10 am.

If this is too late then I think you will need to hire a Taxi which could be expensive (one website suggests £95).

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
reviews: 46
4. Re: travel frlom Wiltshire to Heathrow

What time does she need to be at the airport? In addition to the above, there's a train from Salisbury at 05.15, gets to Woking at 06.18, from where she could catch the RailAir Link bus at 06.50, arriving at Heathrow bus station at 07.40.

I checked one website (City Cabs) which indicated a fare of £80 ... and to be honest, I'm wondering whether this is one of those times when you hang the cost ... Probably would be about the same, or cheaper, as going up the evening before and staying in an airport hotel.

sydney
5. Re: travel frlom Wiltshire to Heathrow

Thanks all for your replies, she needs to be there at 6ish in the morning I think, we thought about the getting there the night before and staying in a hotel etc but I think taxi is going to have to be the way to go

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
reviews: 46
6. Re: travel frlom Wiltshire to Heathrow

At least you'll be leaving before all the commuter traffic trying to crawl up the M3...

Good luck!

7. Re: travel frlom Wiltshire to Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 10, 2011