We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Near the Cathedral

Which Salisbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 56
Parking Near the Cathedral

Where should I park my car near the Cathedral ? How much is the approximate cost of parking for about 2-3 hours ? I heard that there is a shopping mall nearby where one can park for free !!

Thanks.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
reviews: 46
1. Re: Parking Near the Cathedral

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/salisbury/

Hi. The above will show you where the car parks are, and if you click on them, how much per hour. I'm not aware of any free parking in Salisbury!

I generally park in the central car park because it's large and has a pleasant stroll into town. But yes, the George Mall is fairly close to the cathedral. There is actually a small car park in the The Close right by the cathedral - but it's very expensive. Can't think what, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it's £10 or something.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 56
2. Re: Parking Near the Cathedral

Thank you Gilliganuk. The link is very useful and informative.

Southampton, United...
3. Re: Parking Near the Cathedral

An alternative is the Park & Ride service - now open in all directions coming into Salisbury - you can park all day and there's a regular bus service into the city centre, and it's very good value for money at around £2.50.

Culverstreet Multi-storey car park is very close to the centre as well and easy to get to from the ring road, and the all-day parking fee is good value.

There is some free parking in nearby Harnham - and it's a short stroll to the Cathedral from there.

London, United...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Parking Near the Cathedral

Do bear in mind that teh centre of Salibury is tiny, and wherever you park in the centre you will be near to the catherdral. Even if you parked at the far end of the "Central" car park (which starts just inside the ring road), you would be no more than 15 minutes walk from the cathedral.

5. Re: Parking Near the Cathedral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 05, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Salisbury