We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to Salisbury in UK

Which Salisbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
reviews: 3
trip to Salisbury in UK

I plan to visit Salisbury, UK.

a. I plan to spend 2 days there, will it be too long ?

b. any B & B recommend ? I have 3 persons, intend to look for a triple room with a rental fee of 40 to 50 pounds per night ?

c. any places to visit there ?

London
1. Re: trip to Salisbury in UK

Not an interesting town, nice looking tho. Got stonehenge near by but otherwise nothing special.

i would consider bath or somewhere else nicer.

Tom

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
2. Re: trip to Salisbury in UK

Hi there

My apologies to the previous poster but to say that Salisbury is not an interesting town is ridiculous. It's one of the most historic towns in the UK and has more than enough to keep anyone occupied for a couple of days.

George - I don't think you will find a B & B for three people for £40 or £50 but best of luck anyway

UK
3. Re: trip to Salisbury in UK

Salisbury has the prettiest racecourse in the south of England. It can't match Ascot or Newmarket for the quality of the racing but it makes up for it in the picturesque surroundings. There's a wonderful view of the cathedral to be had from the top of the grandstand.

Go here for news of fixtures.........

britishhorseracing.com/goracing/…

UK
reviews: 45
4. Re: trip to Salisbury in UK

It is an an OK little town with a great cathedral, Stonehenge and Old Sarum. I imagine there is not that much to do there. I've been a couple of times and wouldn't go back there. It depends what you are looking for but it is no Oxford or Cambridge.

5. Re: trip to Salisbury in UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, March 30, 2010
6. Re: trip to Salisbury in UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:10 am, March 29, 2010
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
7. Re: trip to Salisbury in UK

I am sllightly bemused as to why you have chosen to visit Salisbury for 2 days without working out what there is there to interest you !

If you can tell us what you are interested in, we can then tell you whether it is worth going there.

PA
reviews: 45
8. Re: trip to Salisbury in UK

It really depends what you're interested in. We've been several times and find 2 days not nearly long enough. The Cathedral is amazing. You can take a tour of the tower. During our last trip we walked from the city center to Old Sarum. It was a lovely walk. There are many lovely shops and places to explore.

You may find a B&B outside of city center for that amount. Our favorite is a good bit more than that.

Anderson, Indiana
reviews: 4
9. Re: trip to Salisbury in UK

Besides the cathedral and the close, I thought the town was supposed to be pretty with some half-timbered buildings and the poultry cross. We are planning to go to Salisbury or Winchester for their cathedrals and other interesting architecture. We will be coming for a day trip before our cruise. On another day, we are doing IOW. Which is the better day trip: Salisbury or Winchester? Someone said that Bath has become very touristy. Thanks. Marlyne

London, United...
reviews: 7
10. Re: trip to Salisbury in UK

Day trip from where?

What are you looking for in a day trip?

Get answers to your questions about Salisbury