We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch at a historic pub in Salisbury. What pub?

Which Salisbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 9
Lunch at a historic pub in Salisbury. What pub?

Many of the Stonehenge tours have a stop for lunch in Salisbury at simply "a historic pub".

Does anyone know which pub this is or are? I'm debating whether a tour which includes lunch is a better deal than to get lunch on our own.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 7
1. Re: Lunch at a historic pub in Salisbury. What pub?

We might do the Salisbury/Stonehenge tour on our own so we are not limited to the times of a scheduled tour.

We plan to take the train from London to Salisbury, tour around the town/cathedral and stop somewhere for lunch before taking the Stonehenge Bus Tour, which includes admission to Stonehenge.

This link shows restaurant options in Salisbury. Just enter in the type of restaurant you are looking for (such as a pub) to get the list.

visitwiltshire.co.uk/salisbury/food-and-drink

USA
reviews: 9
2. Re: Lunch at a historic pub in Salisbury. What pub?

Actually the pub is Cloisters, right outside the cathedral gates.

Good spot, definitely worth the 10 euro price.

warrensburg,MO
3. Re: Lunch at a historic pub in Salisbury. What pub?

Ten euro price? Did they offer the price in Malaysian Ringgits as well?

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 10
4. Re: Lunch at a historic pub in Salisbury. What pub?

When I did the Golden Tour that went to Salisbury/Stonehenge/Bath, back in 2006, the pub we went to was the Chapter House, right across the street from Salisbury Cathedral. The food we had was 'ok'. When you go on these tours, you do not get to pick from the full menu, they pass around a very abbreviated menu while you're on the bus and you pick from 3 or 4 entrees. The tour guide phones the order in, so that the food is ready when the group arrives, saving time.

My friend & I both ordered the pasta dish, with a tomato cream sauce - it was rather flavourless, to be honest.

Whether the tours still go there, I can't say.

5. Re: Lunch at a historic pub in Salisbury. What pub?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 21, 2010