We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

Which Salisbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver Bc Canada
Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

Looks like I have a B@B now. I now request a good Iterinary now from Salisbury and go out and see london etc. I plan to do day trips all over for 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks For allllllll Your Help.

BEST FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vancouver Bc Canada
1. Re: Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

OOOPS sorry this trip will be in Aug 2008

for a few weeks anyway.

Thanksssssssss

Vancouver Bc Canada
2. Re: Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

OOOPS sorry this trip will be in Aug 2008

for a few weeks anyway.

Thanksssssssss

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
reviews: 3
3. Re: Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

The following places are easily accessible for a day trip by bus / train from Salisbury:

LOCAL TRIPS USING ORDINARY BUSES

Stonehenge - Bus 3 (every hour).

Marlborough, Avebury & Swindon - Bus 5 (once per hour) - change onto bus 96 at Pewsey

Bournemouth - Bus X3 (twice per hour). From here you can catch a bus to Poole or take an open top bus across the ferry to Swanage.

Devizes - Bus 2 (approx every hour)

Shaftesbury - Bus 29 (approx every hour)

Southampton - Accessible by local bus and by train but the bus (X7 - every hour) may be cheaper.

Dorchester & Weymouth - Bus 184 (3/4 times a day)

Winchester - Bus 68 (3/4 times a day)

The maximum fare on all of these buses will be approx £7.00 per day which is the cost of an "Explorer" Ticket on Wilts & Dorset & Stagecoach buses. Timetables for these services can be found on the Wilts & Dorset website at www.wdbus.co.uk but leave it a month or so before looking as some of the bus routes are changing in January.

TRAVELLING FURTHER AFIELD

London - suggest that you use the train as the National Express Coach service is very infrequent and takes forever !

Bath/Bristol - Again use the train to visit these cities (there is now no direct local bus to Bath and National Express will not give you enough time to do either place justice).

Portsmouth - train

Exeter - train

You can check train times at www.nationalrail.co.uk. If you intend to make a lot of train journeys, I strongly suggest that you look at buying a Brit Rail pass before you leave Canada as it could save you money.

Regards

Phil-the-bus

Vancouver Bc Canada
4. Re: Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

Yes Thank You this will help me alot due to I won't be driving and only sometimes with me mates, the rest of the time with bus and or train and even by foot at times. Thanks Phil the Bus.

From Mike in Canada.

Vancouver Bc Canada
5. Re: Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

Ok so I have a Budget and a B@B and also have had help from the nice folks here so now what would be the best way to put it allll together, as in a checklist.

Thanks for all your help.

Salisbury UK
reviews: 43
6. Re: Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

Hi Mike,

A few questions for you before anyone can help.

How long will you be in the UK and are you making Salisbury your base or are you staying in other areas of the UK?

How many are in your party? This might make a difference to whether car hire or public transport would be a cheaper option.

Did you decide on the Laverstock B&B in the end?

Take care Dave

Vancouver Bc Canada
7. Re: Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

To: Lurker Dave

How long will I plan to be in the UK :3 weeks

Salisbury my home base and why seems better than jumping from hotel to B@B to hostel it looks like 20 Potters way Laverstock seems good and also for a back up plan 94 Milford Hill orrrr kirivana house ( sorry bout the spelling)

One in my party

public transport and train or Coach

For now 20 Laverstock seems best.

Vancouver Bc Canada
8. Re: Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

at times hopefully me mates will also show me around when they have time. I plan to visit Portsmouth and Bath and New Forest ynow all over the south cause by what I have read and heard about seems good. I plan to do London last.

Salisbury UK
reviews: 43
9. Re: Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

Hi Mike,

I think that Phil-the-bus has given you some excellent information on the local transport from Salisbury. Have to agree also that it is well worth considering getting a Rail Pass if you are staying any length of time here. The UK transport system prices must be one of the highest in Europe, if my experiences are to go by, so any discounts you can get with rail or bus passes are a must.

It will be better to get your mates to drive you around the New Forest area as there are many villages to see and would be a problem with public transport.

Bournemouth, which is a seaside holiday town can be reached by bus but will be very busy in August as it is the peak holiday time here with the schools on holiday.

Christchurch and Mudeford are very nice places in the summer and again can be reached by bus although you will have to make at least one change.

Lymington is another place I enjoy visiting.

Southampton is quite a large city and has good shopping facilities and can be reached by train or bus.

Bath is also well worth a visit but of course is inland and not on the coast.

Stonehenge can be visited easily from a bus from Salisbury train station.

London can be reached by National Coaches or train from Salisbury.

As far as your B&B is concerned I can't comment on the standard of either as I have never stayed at either of them but what I will point out is that Milford Hill is far nearer to the Salisbury centre and the bus and train station than Potters Way. If you were only staying a couple of nights it would be fine but you might start finding it tedious trekking the extra distances daily for three weeks.

I hope you enjoy your stay in the UK as much as we did in your country (Nova Scotia) last July.

Feel free to come back with any further questions and I expect anything specific on transport will be answered better by Phil-the-bus.

Cheers Dave

Vancouver Bc Canada
10. Re: Hello this is Mike from Vancouver Canada

Yes Thank You very Much I will do a little more research should be all ready by end of Jan tickets etc and I hope it will all work out, but in the meantime if I have any more questions I will deffo ask.

Kind Regards From Mike.

Get answers to your questions about Salisbury