We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westbrook/Bromham area

Which Wiltshire hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
reviews: 53
Westbrook/Bromham area

Hi We are staying in the Westbrook/Bromham area for a week from20th August and were wondering if there are any farm shops or markets within a few miles. Also what are the pubs like ? food wise, i have heard that the Westbrook does nice food .

We plan to go to Bath, Longleat, And Monkey World in Dorset while there are there any other places that are must see? and where to go if it Rains .

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Melksham, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Westbrook/Bromham area

Collins farn shop at westbrook (on left at t junction with Chippenham Devizes Road), Farm shop in Loden garden centre at Shaw (between Melksham & Atworth) and Neston Park just past Atworth on road to Bath.

Greyhound at Bromham's good / Golden Fleece at Shaw, The Fox @ Broughton Gifford and Red Lion at Lacock.

To see and do - too much to list - Lacock is a must see, Bowood (adventure playground for kids but house and grounds beautiful) Castle Combe - Voted England's prettiest Village, Stourhead National Trust (near Longleat), Avebury Standing stones Museum & Avebury Manor, Stonehenge. See visitwiltshire.co.uk for more ideas.

Bath - Roman Baths - current doing torchlight tours in the evening, Jane Austen Centre, Sally Lunn's, Assembly Rooms, Circus & Royal Cresent - worth doing the bus tour - teher's a city centre one and a skyline one. see visitbath.co.uk for more things to do.

Hope you like the area

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
reviews: 53
2. Re: Westbrook/Bromham area

Thanks Vintage, all those farm shops should keep us going for a week , Laycock and Castle Combe sound good .

Its our 1st time staying in the area so we are looking forward to seeing more of our country rather than going abroad this summer.

I will write a report on our return.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
reviews: 3
3. Re: Westbrook/Bromham area

The nearest market is in Devizes on a Thursday and is extremely popular, so might be worth using the bus to get there rather than having to play hunt the parking space.

Bristol, United...
reviews: 19
4. Re: Westbrook/Bromham area

The Greyhound, High Street, Bromham.

Today we lunched at this pub and wish to post our comments. The service was very good, quick and attentive. The fare reasonable only due to the fact that my wifes main course of Wiltshire ham and eggs was rather tasteless. My Ardeche coarse pate was not what it was listed as, but what I did have was acceptable. I did comment about this to the staff ?? but no response from the kitchen. My Lasagne was too salty and a little runny for a good Lasagne, the garlic ? bread was very good though. My main moan however was the charge made for a double expresso coffee. £4.50 was not a good price, especially as it was from a pre-prepared sachet and not fresh. I would advise the management to revise this price and pay a visit to Callona and Smalls in Bath, here they will see how coffee should be served and charged for.

5. Re: Westbrook/Bromham area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 07, 2012