We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

Which Haworth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fareham, United...
reviews: 23
Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

Not having had the benefit of reading these posts we had parked on the line of a bay - there was no bay on the other side of the line and got stung for £90 - cash only. Whilst we were there another 4 people were clamped. One person at 15.31 on a ticket that expired at 15.29.

The cashpoint machine is in a pub in the village- when I entered I was advised that it had run out of money and the lday behind the bar said, without prompting 'Have you been clamped?'

We will not now return to Haworth. I know that the car park is private but if the local community really wanted to stop this then they could take some sort of action.

116 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
61. Re: Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

You should not have appealed.

Pointless I fear.

Did you pay?

Have you told them who was driving?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
62. Re: Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

Ignore the letters, they can only be enforced if they go to court and win their case.

lancs
reviews: 6
63. Re: Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

Beware this crook is still coining it in. Parked on his site today and bought a ticket for 2 hrs (£1.60) machine doesn't give change so it cost me £2. I saw 2 men sat in a car then moving around the car park looking closely at all the cars. I checked that my car was within the lines front back and sides because something just didn't feel right. I commented about a sign that said something to the effect of no time given to get correct change and checked the time and made a mental note to ensure we were back in time. we returned after 1.5hrs to find a penalty notice stuffed under the wiper (it wasn't a new one it had been used before so wasn't sticky). The ticket was a parking charge for expiry time not on display (it had fallen off into the foot-well of the car but the attendant had still managed to read the number to fill in his charge ticket!! I showed him the ticket which still had plenty of time remaining to be told there was nothing he could do we would have to pay. Option 1 £60 there and then option 2 £75 if paid within 7 days option 3 £100 and referred to debt collection service if not paid within 7 days.

Please advise as I am reluctant to pay as I parked correctly bought a ticket for a duration in excess of the time I was parked and showed this to the attendant.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
64. Re: Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

As has been said several times in this thread - don't do anything. The only way they can enforce it is to go to court which they won't do

Glasgow, United...
65. Re: Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

@rewLancs as Alanrow rightly says do nothing.

Ignore all and any communication from these scum.

lancs
reviews: 6
66. Re: Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/…

funny how these tickets keep falling off, Thanks for the quick feedback guess i wont be paying :O)

67. Re: Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:27 pm, February 27, 2013

68. Re: Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

I received a penalty notice on the change gate car park last Thursday. I refused to pay the £60 to the man on the car park- who did not show any id. I called the number on the ticket when I got home, as I wasn't sure at that stage whether this was a genuine company or just a bloke in a high vis jacket on the make. The man who answered the phone- presumably Farrell- was absolutely horrible. He was very argumentative and took exception to my description of his employee as 'demanding' money from me on the spot. Although what else you would call asking for a large sum of money there and then and threatening that the sum would increase if I didn't pay, I don't know! He told me that the men on the car park carry cameras and recording equipment and record every conversation. I am extremely concerned that this company is covertly recording people. It does in fact say on the penalty notice that you may be recorded but not anywhere else, so you don't know you are being recorded at the time.

The call ended with Farrell saying I must either pay £75 within 7 days or he would 'see me in court'. It seems unlikely that he will bring court proceedings against everyone who doesn't pay but I'm not sure if I want to risk it. Has anyone else been in this situation and not paid the 'fine'? Did he follow through on his threat and try to take you to court?

Any info gratefully received.

Edited: 4:09 am, March 09, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
69. Re: Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

See reply #64.

Keighley
70. Re: Changegate car park - avoid at all costs

Don't pay, read this.

keighleynews.co.uk/news/…