We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving To Coventry!

Which Coventry hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, Scotland
Moving To Coventry!

Hi my boyfriend has received a transfer in his job and we are moving from Glasgow down to Coventry in January. Having never been here before I would be grateful for some advice from the natives.

My boyfriend's job is in Nuneaton so I would like to some info on nice places to live, what there is to do, will I need a car, etc!

I also need to know what area the jobs are i.e administration, as in Glasgow most of the offices are in the city centre so is this the same in Coventry?

Also does anyone have any recommendations what the best way of exploring is, is there a tour bus?

Thank you so much, It's a big step and I just want to move down armed with as much info as possible!

Millom, United...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Moving To Coventry!

Lol, a tour bus! How funny!

Millom, United...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Moving To Coventry!

Hi Curlylynz,

It really is a big step to a city you've never visited. Coventry like any other city, it has its good and its bad. The city has however been hit hard with the car factory closures over the years and isn't now an affluent city.

Nuneaton is a small town on the northwest side of the city, the other side of the M6 junction 4. There's a lot of new housing on this part of the city and this has been aided by the opening of the Ricoh Arena, the home of CCFC. (and where Oasis are playing with the Enemy in July!yay!). The traffic on the A444 between Cov and Nuneaton is grim at rush hour. Maybe consider what sort of area you want to be in. A short drive could find you in a nice village location.

Is it the two of you? How old? Nite life expectations?

Good luck

Cathx x

Glasgow, Scotland
3. Re: Moving To Coventry!

Thanks Cathco

We are both in our mid twenties but overdid the nightlife in our teenage years so not too bothered about banging clubs although the option would be nice! As long as there are nice wee pubs and friendly folk thats good enough for me!

4. Re: Moving To Coventry!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:59 am, November 08, 2008