We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Around near self ridges

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 24
Around near self ridges

I am coming to beam next week as I want to buy something from self ridges

I am bringing a friend who has never been to Birmingham before so can you give me some idea of what elst to look at while in the area and a nice stop for a very basic Lucy, maybe outside if weather is good.

uk
1. Re: Around near self ridges

I mean Selfridges of course

Solihull
reviews: 8
2. Re: Around near self ridges

>>what elst to look at while in the area and a nice stop for a very basic Lucy

My guess is you did your question on your smartphone with predictive text.

I assume you mean:

what else to look at while in the area and a nice stop for a very basic lunch?

If so Selfridges is in the BullRing shopping centre and there are dozens and dozens of shops in there to look around.

Also there is a "food court" area with a large number of places to eat grouped together at the "rear" entrance to the BullRing.

There is also a walkway through the centre of the BullRing (outdoors) which has a number of cafes etc each side of the walkway.

uk
3. Re: Around near self ridges

Thanks, yes lunch !

Also I like vintage shops charity shops ethnic supermarkets is there anything near here or is there a particular district?

Solihull
4. Re: Around near self ridges

Just South of the BullRing & Selfridges, down a road called Digbeth, is a building called the Custard Factory (it was owned by Bird's Custard at one time).

In the Custard Factory are a number of shops sellling vintage clothes and other interesting nick nacks. I have not been there for a year or so, so not sure how many shops are there, but it sounds like just the thing you are looking for and only a 5 minute walk (South) from Selfridges.

It is just opposite Digbeth Coach Station if you need to ask directions

Web site

http://www.custardfactory.co.uk/

Edited: 4:15 am, February 20, 2013
Stowmarket, United...
reviews: 20
5. Re: Around near self ridges

I thought self ridges was a grow-own-mountain-range product...

Solihull
6. Re: Around near self ridges

Also, right next to the BullRing and Selfridges (behind the church) is an outdoor and indoor market area.

There are two indoor market buildings next to each other, St Martins Market and the Indoor Market.

They sell all sorts of things in this area, including food and clothes and so on. And with Birmingham's high ethnic population you may find a number ethnic shops.

Also nearby is the Arcadian centre which has a number of ethnic supermarkets, though I think most of them are chinese (but I may be wrong).

I cant think of any charity shops in the area to be honest.

Just North of the city centre is the Jewellery Quarter which is full of little shops, some selling jewellery (of course) but also many other little independant shops selling al sorts of things.

It is just behind Snow Hill train station and about a 10 or 15 minute walk from Selfridges.

There MAY be some charity shops in this area, but not sure.

But it is a lovely area to visit if you have the time.

http://www.jewelleryquarter.net/

West Mids
7. Re: Around near self ridges

Opposite the Digbeth National Express Coach Station is a big vintage store ( yellow front ) and as mentioned above - there's the Custard Factory - and there's a special Vintage event on this weekend - and it's a 5 min walk from Selfridges !

https://www.facebook.com/#!/TheCustardCream

uk
8. Re: Around near self ridges

Thanks for all this information, perfect

uk
9. Re: Around near self ridges

Wish I could come down at the weekend but i am away visiting my daughter

I would be grateful for any other information though on birminghams similar stuff for the future so keep it coming

uk
10. Re: Around near self ridges

Chinese supermarkets are my favourite