We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking at the train station

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mississauga
parking at the train station

Hi all we are taking the train to london and want to leave the car for 2 days is there parking at the station snow hill station.or new street

Edited: 6:02 am, January 28, 2013
Cotswolds
1. Re: parking at the train station

There is expensive limited parking at both stations - Snow Hill run by the car park

You might be better driving to International or even Warwick Parkway

Cotswolds
2. Re: parking at the train station

sorry that should read at Snow Hill run by the council

Solihull
reviews: 8
3. Re: parking at the train station

Wherabouts will you be staying in Birmingham?

New St station and Snow Hill station are both in the city centre and have limted (expensive) parking.

Note that New St station and Snow Hill station use different routes to get to London.

The New St station route (Virgin Trains) goes through Birmingham International station (which is a few miles outside Birmingham, where you could park) and then down to London Euston station.

The Snow Hill route (Chiltern Railways) goes down through Warwick Parkway (where you could park) to London Marylebone station.

The Virgin Trains route is quicker, but the Chiltern Trains route will probably be cheaper.

mississauga
4. Re: parking at the train station

Hi guys thanks.we are staying in Walsall with my dad.we want to go to London for 2 days so I was going to drive to Birmingham leave the car there then when we get back pick the car up and drive to Warwick to stay there.

Solihull
reviews: 8
5. Re: parking at the train station

Walsall is not far from Birmingham so my guess is that it would not be difficult to get a train from Walsall to New St station and then get a Virgin Train from there to London.

Make sure you buy your ticket for Virgin trains as far in advance as you can.

Buying on the day can be the same cost as getting a plane to Spain, but buying in advance (and maybe taking off peak trains) will cut the cost a lot.

mississauga
6. Re: parking at the train station

Thanks I have seen buying them in advance is this company reliable safe to buy the tickets from them but it seems I can only buy in advance of a certain date it looks like 3 months in advance.thank you

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 5
7. Re: parking at the train station

Alan10, not sure which company you are refering to in your post. But the schedules are only available for 3 months in advance so that is the furthest ahead you can book. There are many different websites that you can book through. One that I have heard of as being particularly useful is www.splityourticket.co.uk

Apparently there can be savings made by splitting your journey in to sections and buying accordingly. This site looks into these options.

One ohter option potentially is to do a park and ride by picking up the train in High Wycombe. I am not sure what the situation is with car park charges now; but when I went down to London sometime ago it was free there. (High Wycombe is on the Chiltern line).

London
reviews: 37
8. Re: parking at the train station

You can save a lot of money by buying off-peak tickets rather than Anytime ones. These don't tie you to a particular timed train and can be bought on the day of travel, but you must be aware of the time periods when they are not valid.

Chiltern Trains (Snow Hill or Moor Street) currently do a Super Off-peak return Birmingham to London for £27.50 - and that is a walk-up fare. However it isn't available on trains arriving in London before 11.30, or departing London between 06.30-09.00 and 16.00-19.00). The less restrictive Off-peak at £50.00 is valid on all trains except those arriving London before 10.00, with no restriction on the return. There are no restrictions on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

Moor Street station is a short (and clearly signposted) walk from New Street. I would pay for the Walsall - New Street journey separately.

Edited: 8:52 am, January 29, 2013
Cotswolds
9. Re: parking at the train station

If you intend going to go straight on to Warwick the day you get back from London then I'd drive to Warwick Parkway station - just off the M40 - and park there. No need to return to Walsall at all

mississauga
10. Re: parking at the train station

Thanks lofty17 I have booked hotels in high wycombe I was going to drive there and stay for 2 nights and take the train in to London but was having second thoughts.

That is why I was looking to take the train into London from Birmingham and staying right in London for 2 days not sure what is the best way to do it.