We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

Wondering if anyone knows of any good pubs or clubs in birmingham (city or outside) for over 40s. There are 3 of us in our early 40s visiting for weekend of 4/5 Feb (two from Ireland, one from London) and we would like to meet people our own age. Some nice ladies would be a bonus as two of us are single. Would really appreciate some advice.

JP Dublin

50 replies to this topic
Yorkshire
reviews: 27
1. Re: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

As you've had no replies yet, this might help you begin to narrow things down a bit?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186402-s402/Birmin…

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 30
2. Re: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

hi

May I recommend the digbeth part of Birmingham

There are little pubs and clubs in the area:

www.tipped.co.uk/uk/filtered/Birmingham…

just before christmas we went round this part of town and had a good night,

hennesseys (nighclub)

dubliner

kerryman

the irish centre

and ended up in the adam and eve. (nightclub)

Leeb

Dublin, Ireland
3. Re: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

Really appreciate your help. Would love to know if anyone specifically recommends a particular place for over 40s looking to meet people our own age and where there's good music and craic!.

England
reviews: 51
4. Re: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

Can I just recommend the Spotted Dog - great little Irish pub in Digbeth, and Birmngham Irish Club/Centre on Digbeth High Street - but maybe google to see whats on when you are in Brum as its very variable music wise..

The other place I`d recommend is the Jam House in the Jewellry Quarter. Am no good at posting links, but I`m sure they have a website.

Have fun! And let us know how you get on!

Edited: 6:40 pm, January 17, 2011
Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 84
5. Re: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

Bars – if you are looking for cocktails – Bank (Brindley Place) Bar Epernay and Malmaison (Mailbox) Utopia and Hotel Du Vin (both in Church Street)

Pubs – for great beer – The Wellington (Bennetts Hill) and the Old Joint Stock. These two pubs back onto each other so close enough to go to both. Both of these might be considered by some to be ‘old man pubs’ but I’m mid 30’s and go regularly and see lots of people my age.

Late night/Clubs – The pubs/clubs of Digbeth listed above are all good. I agree – The Jam House is a good night out and close to other bars/restaurants of St Paul’s Square.

Worth checking the Glee Club – although primarily a comedy club – the bar is open late, they have a 70’s and 80’s club after the comedy finishes - good mix of ages go there.

england
reviews: 86
6. Re: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

I agree with the suggestion of the Jam House. All ages in there but as someone who would usually feel uncomfortable in a club setting (I am mid 50s) I loved it there. Great place for mixed age parties, fun.

Dublin, Ireland
7. Re: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

Great, I really have to compliment the helpfulness of all who have replied and look forward to sharing our experience. Any hints on what's the best place for finding a few ladies our age (for my mates of course!) would be hugely appreciated.

Edited: 3:07 pm, January 20, 2011
Cardiff Wales
reviews: 26
8. Re: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

hi we went to birmimgham last weekend to celebrate a friends birthday, had a ball, stayed in bennets hill at the Briar Rose fab hotel and good starting point for a drink. this is a wetherspoons hotel/pub. we went onto broad street which is only a 10 minute walk, had taxi back i may add!! lots of pubs we are over 40's and ended up by the canal in a club called Brass House played lots of soul and reggae music, danced my feet off, good ole john holt and luther vandross fab!!

Cardiff Wales
reviews: 26
9. Re: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

just spotted this site on this forum - use ful for you perhaps - free loyalty card for offers

http://www.brindleyplace.com/

Dublin, Ireland
10. Re: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham

Cheers, if anyone can suggest somewhere that has good music and a bit of a dance floor for our age group? We have a couple of John Travoltas in our ranks who think they impress the ladies with their moves (while probably doing the opposite!). Pubs or clubs...

Reply to: pubs or clubs for over 40s in birmingham
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted