We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport ?? or not ???

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palmetto La USA
passport ?? or not ???

I came to the usa in 46,all these years my mom told me i came over here on her passport,now she tells me i did not.she has to go to immigration on july 21st.i am claiming us citizenship from my dad ( american)immigration wants to know how i entered the usa i have no proof.can anyone tell me how i can find out.mom also says that customs did not check her when we arrived in new york. now i am really confused .of course it was years ago.if i had no passport and did not come over on mom`s just how did i enter the states ? i know i sound like a crazy person ( it is driving me that way )i ask mom for her passport number ,she told me it does not pertain to me .it sure has me me in a tizzy .can anyone please give me some advice ???? THANKS

somewhere out there
1. Re: passport ?? or not ???

There has to be proof of your entry somewhere it's just finding out where that will be the problem.

firstly you should insist on checking all your mom's old passports as that's the most likely way you entered the country.

Next where did you enter the country? This also may help you trace yourself. Did you go by plane? Or more likely boat. If you can discover the port of entry you may be able to trace records that way.

Also was your father military, if so then there is possibly a military record of your entry to the US, this would probably be with the base or unit he served with, try contacting veteran's affairs if this scenario fits your situation.

Do you have a birth certificate/ USA registration of birth? The place that was issued may also be able to help you.

Hope I have been able to help a little.

Good luck.