We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you live in Kenilworth?

Which Kenilworth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yamba NSW
reviews: 21
Would you live in Kenilworth?

I am applying for a 12mth teaching exchange from Australia and Kenilworth is an option. I would like to hear from people that live in or close to Kenilworth to give me their thoughts. I have 3 children who will be 13, 12 and 9 and play lots of sport, particularly loving soccer! We plan to do as much travelling as we can during holidays.

Essex
reviews: 71
1. Re: Would you live in Kenilworth?

I had a friend lived in Kenilworth for a while and I always thought it was rather a nice place. I stayed with her a few times, but have never actually lived there myself. I found this website which might be helpful for you, but I do hope you get some more helpful answers from the locals!!

http://www.kenilworthweb.co.uk/

Warwickshire
2. Re: Would you live in Kenilworth?

I grew up in Kenilworth, so am hopefully qualified to answer. Kenilworth is a nice large(ish) town, and actually quite a sought after place to live. House prices are generally higher than other towns around.

In the town centre you will find most of what you would expect, although I may say the only omission is a cinema.

As for your kids, Kenilworth secondary school is a sports academy, so they will have no trouble in that department.

Around Kenilworth you have Leamington Spa (good for shopping, cinema, nights out), Warwick and Stratford for touristy type days out, and then Coventry & Birmingham are the bigger cities.

Any specific questions, just ask, either on here or send me a message.

bristol
reviews: 23
3. Re: Would you live in Kenilworth?

Hi I am going to Protec for a race day and wanted to know the best place to stay in b&b in the Kenilworth area. Somewhere nearby pubs and restaurants. Any ideas. I looked at Warwick road and Station Road but am not sure there is enough to do nearby as planning on staying two nights.

Thanks

Midlands, UK
reviews: 1
4. Re: Would you live in Kenilworth?

Yes, I grew up there and still visit regularly. It has good schools and plenty of facilities. As a small town it lacks the 'buzz' of anywhere larger, but both Leamington & Coventry are within 15 minutes drive away if you want more shops/restaurants/night life. There is lots of green space in the town, and plenty of sports facilities. Good luck with your move, wherever you end up.

West midlands
reviews: 35
5. Re: Would you live in Kenilworth?

I don't think you would regret taking a teaching post in Kenilworth. It is a quiet and comfortable town to live in. It is safe, has good local shopping including Waitrose and is convenient to several other towns. Schools are also OK. You may even consider living in Leamington Spa, Warwick or Coventry, all of which are about 4 miles distant in different directions. Property in Coventry is substantially less expensive than Kenilworth. Warwick and Leamington are fine places in which to live but Leamington has a wider selection of accommodation and a better range of sport/entertainment facilities. A host of Info about Kenilworth and the surrounding area is available on www.warwickshire.gov.uk once you get past the stuff about the councils. Also have a look at the Warwick Arts Centre which is a really good venue for films, plays, concerts, arts and other events and is only a couple of miles from K'worth. Good luck. Oh yes, I have lived in Warwick for 30 years.

Edited: 4:59 am, July 14, 2010
Kenilworth
reviews: 33
6. Re: Would you live in Kenilworth?

To respond to laneybel regarding places to stay -I live in Kenilworth and haven't heard a bad word said about any of the town's B&B's. As long as you choose one of those near the centre of town such as those in Priory Road or Castle Road, then you are within easy walking distance of a very large range of excellent pubs and restaurants - plenty to keep you happy for two nights I think, but if you want something extra to do, you might enjoy a visit to one of the town's two theatres - the Priory or the Talisman, if they have productions on the nights you're here. Alternatively, the Arts Centre at the University of Warwick is only a 10 minute drive or bus ride away, and there's lots going on there.

Yamba NSW
7. Re: Would you live in Kenilworth?

Thanks for all your posts, it makes for interesting reading and yes hopefully our posting to Kenilworth will be approved. Its sounds like just the place to stay for a year !

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 65
8. Re: Would you live in Kenilworth?

HI there, I live in Kenilworth and have done for the past 9 years. Came here as a 'new bride' and now have settled with our family!

It's a fabulous location in the country - very central, and fast roads right outside the town mean that you are on a motorway in practically any direction within 10 minutes or so.

Lots to do, not least of all the Castle (Kenilworth residents get a free entry pass!). Small enough so that it's relatively walkable (or easy to cycle around). Lots of really really great restaurants - The Almanack and Petit Gourmand being my favourites.

The other advantage of being a slightly smaller town is that it's easier to get to know people, which to my mind puts it just one notch ahead of Warwick or Leamington. Crime rates are very low and it's a nice safe place to live.

If you are thinking of putting your children into Kenilworth School, then you want to look for somewhere on the Windy Arbour/ Birches Lane side of town - they will then be able to walk there themselves whilst it's still only a 10-15 minute walk into town. The primary schools are well above the national average and some of them are rated excellent.

Anything else you need to know? just yell! And good luck with the posting!

Nuneaton
9. Re: Would you live in Kenilworth?

Hi guys

Want to ask question about Kenilworth, a bit in detail perhaps.

After looking around like Warwick, Leamington, Coventry, Stratford and Solihul, me and my wife eventually decided to move to Kenilworth. We are going to rent for 6 months before buying a property.

Which part of the town is nice to live with budget of 250K. Is there any specific areas which you would say is not a family place or all over is nice?

Today we went and saw Percy road, Queens road, Clinton lane, Dudley road. Most of them looks fine but any idea?

Many thanks

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 65
10. Re: Would you live in Kenilworth?

It's mostly nice all over - Queens Rd tends to get quite busy with traffic tho'. £250k will buy you a 3 bed semi in Kenilworth (we moved out of one not long ago!)

The two main areas where you'll find them are around Fishponds Road (Clinton School catchment) and Blackthorn Road/ Thornby Ave (Thorns catchment). Have a look on Rightmove and you'll quickly see the style of house I mean. Both are maybe 10 mins walk into town but from opposite directions.

Although there are rumours that the station is going to be reinstated in Kenilworth - if this does happen it would make the 'Windy Arbour' side i.e. Blackthorn. Thornby Ave a better bet as the station is then only 5-10 mins walk (20 mins from the other side of town).

HTH.

Get answers to your questions about Kenilworth