We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and cocktails then bars?

Which Newcastle upon Tyne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 38
Food and cocktails then bars?

Me my gf and our friend couple are going to the sage in Gateshead in 2 weeks.

We want to go for food and have few drinks and good cocktails then go to the Sage then a few bars or pubs after.

Food we where thinking something like the food Chiqitous offers but somewhere in Newcastle that's not in a chain? Also has to do a variety of cocktails.

Where can we go after Sage too? Is there nice bars where not the flashy type so quiet quirky ones would be good?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 100
1. Re: Food and cocktails then bars?

Hi there

Cant say Im a fan of Mexican food but Las Iguanas on Grey Street does it, its well rated and they do cocktails too. I wasnt impressed personally but as I say I dont really like that style of food so I might suit you

Loads of good bars in that area, Pleased to Meet You, Browns and Bar Luga but all quite pricey. The Sage is down on the Gateshed side of the quayside so you will have a bit of a walk up the hill afterwards if you are coming back to that area. Pitcher and Piano and Waterline on the quayside are okay, alternatively The Red House or Crown Posada are different, old fashioned and welcoming. Might struggle for cocktails though

Enjoy your stay wherever you end up!

Newcastle, United...
reviews: 18
2. Re: Food and cocktails then bars?

All good advise in the post above, in terms of pre-Sage drinks the Pitcher & Piano is across the river from the Sage on the Newcastle side. It's rather pricey, but you get some fantastic views.

Sunderland, United...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Food and cocktails then bars?

... and for after the Sage, the Central Bar might fit the bill: http://www.theheadofsteam.co.uk/gateshead/

Edited: 12:05 pm, March 20, 2014
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 65
4. Re: Food and cocktails then bars?

For food i would recommend Kafeneon it's not especially local for sage but not too far. It's Greek and good plus they have just brought out a new cocktail menu :)

Reply to: Food and cocktails then bars?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted