We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laundromat near ferry terminal

Which Newcastle upon Tyne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape May, New Jersey
laundromat near ferry terminal

We will be taking the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam. However, need to do laundry before the heading out. Are there any laundromats close to the ferry terminal? If no, then where? Thanks

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 65
1. Re: laundromat near ferry terminal

We call them launderettes in the UK.

The postcode for the ferry terminal is NE29 6EE.

Might be an idea if you do a google search for launderettes close to this postcode.

However, I assume you won't have a car, so getting to a launderette close to the ferry terminal will be difficult (unless you use a taxi).

In that case, search for launderettes in Newcastle city centre, preferably close to Central railway station, which is where the DFDS shuttle bus will take you to the ferry terminal.

Edited: 6:54 am, July 20, 2013
Cape May, New Jersey
2. Re: laundromat near ferry terminal

thanks for the reply. I will have a car up to the late morning on the ferry trip so driving to the launderette would not be a problem. any suggestions for locations? thsnks

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 65
3. Re: laundromat near ferry terminal

Google "launderette NE29 6EE"

Looks like the ones marked "C" and "F" are closest to the ferry terminal.

Edited: 8:14 am, July 20, 2013
Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 103
4. Re: laundromat near ferry terminal

I know there is one in Heaton, but its not in the best of areas to be honest. Closest to the City Centre I know of is on Westgate Road, easy to get to by car as well.

If you need any directions give me a shout

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 82
5. Re: laundromat near ferry terminal

Hi

There is one close by , well 2.5 miles away from the ferry it is Harte Dry cleaning launderette 40 Chirton Green North Shields NE29 0JR phone 0191 2802889 give them a ring for your requirements, you can also google earth it to see the shop, parking outside

enjoy

Cape May, New Jersey
6. Re: laundromat near ferry terminal

thanks for the info. I'll give them a call

north east
reviews: 21
7. Re: laundromat near ferry terminal

There is one in Whitley Road, Whitley Bay -about a 10-15 drive from the Ferry Terminal as well - they used to do a service wash, where you leave your laundry and someone washes and dries it for you to save waiting, then you can enjoy the beach at Cullercoats just down the road.

Lou73

8. Re: laundromat near ferry terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 27, 2014