We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rihanna Sunderland 19th June 2013

Which Newcastle upon Tyne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bathgate, United...
Rihanna Sunderland 19th June 2013

I'm getting my best mate tickets to go and see Rihanna play in Sunderland stadium, i have booked us a hotel in Newcastle city centre to spend a few nights there and go out. I was wondering if anyone knows how far away it is? Is trains often to get one there and back or know roughly how much a taxi would be? Seems all hotels in Sunderland are fully booked - any advice would be gratefull.

Thanks,

Steff

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 99
1. Re: Rihanna Sunderland 19th June 2013

IMO you will be better off in Newcastle anyway. The Metro runs to Sunderland from Newcastle, it will take about 25 mins and they go about every 12 minutes, but I would expect more on for the concert, you can get the Metro back to Newcastle after as well, no need for a taxi.

The Metros website is www.nexus.org.uk get a return ticket, so you don't have to queue on the way back, it will be £4.40 return

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 103
2. Re: Rihanna Sunderland 19th June 2013

Much better off in Newcastle and very easy to get to the Stadium, Metro stops right outside and they always put extra ones one for concerts. Very safe and simple

3. Re: Rihanna Sunderland 19th June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, January 06, 2014