We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend with gf

Which Newcastle upon Tyne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Weekend with gf

I am planning a weekend in Newcastle with my GF.Looking for someones advise on which hotel to choose.As central as possible for bars,clubs,food,shopping etc would be ideal.

Many thanks

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 102
1. Re: Weekend with gf

What sort of budget are you looking at? Loads of good central hotels, many new ones but big variation from the budget end to the really pricey ones.

Dublin, Ireland
2. Re: Weekend with gf

we are going for 4 nights,i suppose 50quid a night for a room or so.Was talking more about this last night and she suggested an apartment for the 4 nights.We have done weekends away before and i would kind of lean towards an apartment if the price was similar to a hotel.

Thanks for the feedback btw.

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 102
3. Re: Weekend with gf

Puts you either in the budget hotels bracket in the City Centre, or you could probably get something a bit nicer a bit further out (Jesmond area possibly) then travel in. New budget hotel in the centre called Sleeperz gets good reviews and is very handily placed but had a quick look and over a weekend the price goes up quite a bit. You might get a good deal at a Premier Inn type place if you are giving plenty of notice so worth checking out

I had a quick look under Newcastle holiday rentals and there are a few central ones which might suit your needs, Clayton St and Bridges View come to mind but you would have to email with your dates to see if they are available and if the price suits.

Good luck

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Weekend with gf

Weekends are going to have to be a compromise I'm afraid. Unfortunately we get a lot of stag/hen dos which means the central 'budget' hotels can be pretty busy, noisey etc.

I would suggest something like the new Jury's Inn in Gateshead (just across the Tyne from Newcastle). It's brand new and very easy to get to. It is in a great location right on the river by the Baltic, the Millennium bridge (which opens at midday everyday - quite a cool site). If you walk across the Millennium bridge from Jury's Inn there are nicer bars and restaurants and you can hop on a Quaylink bus (a couple of quid for a day ticket) and gets you right up in to town. You can walk for sure but it is a bit steep.

I've just checked lastminute.com I think Jury'sInn is actually on there as a Top Secret Hotel. And within your price budget (of course it could be somewhere different though). Jury's Inn is the only new hotel I can think of on that side of the river and close to the Baltic and everything.

Dublin, Ireland
5. Re: Weekend with gf

Thanks for the replies guys

6. Re: Weekend with gf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 09, 2014