We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

Which Newcastle upon Tyne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

Hey guys! I know there is no Aussie bars in Newcaslte but surely something is going on for Australia Day. Anyone know of anything or keen to create something?

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 10
11. Re: What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

You get a 4 pack of xxxx and get on the 9.35am train to edinburgh. This will cost 20 pound and take and hour and a half, just enough time to sup your cans.

You make your way to Bar Oz ( 33 Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh

) where you should arrive just after 11.00am, nicely in time for the arm bending to begin.

You get the 18.30pm train back to newcastle which will cost 11.50 and be back in the toon by 20.00pm.

now whats wrong with that?

Worcester, United...
reviews: 5
12. Re: What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

Wow, hope I'm not the only one who was confused by some of the previous posts :)

Regarding Australia Day - If you're into footy look up the local Aussie Rules team (Tyne Tees Tigers) as I think they're planning a shindig at a local pub - they have a facebook group if this helps.

I'm down south and trying to find something going on besides just hitting a Walkabout (absolute last resort).

I've heard Australia Day is good in Edinburgh and London.

Good luck and have a blast!

Newcastle upon...
13. Re: What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

Yeah, my footy (TyneTeesTigers) club are having Australia Day Party. if you are thirsty and need a brew, come down to Ship Inn, NE1 2PW. Pub will be serving a few aussie beers and we will have some other aussie shenanigans happening too :) All welcome.

tyneteestigers.co.uk/events/…

Edited: 6:30 pm, January 07, 2013
Newcastle, UK
reviews: 69
14. Re: What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

The wonders of Trip Advisor !

tyneteestigers.co.uk/events/…

Newcastle upon...
15. Re: What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

Thanks for the suggestions guys!! Tickets booked for Edinburgh gonna hit up bar OZ during the day and then probably on to Ship Inn! :D

Worcester, United...
16. Re: What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

Very jealous for Edinburgh!!!

Newcastle upon...
17. Re: What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

Where down south are ya? If your in london I know Infernos is doing something and is meant to be pretty good! beats going to a walkie

Worcester, United...
18. Re: What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

I'm in Worcester. Yeah a Walkabout is a last resort but at the moment it's looking like the Birmingham Walkabout. Aw well.

Worcester, United...
19. Re: What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

I'm now heading to Belfast for a friendly game of (women's) Aussie Rules. Getting my footy fix :)

Have a FABI Australia Day everyone :)

x

20. Re: What is happening in Newcaslte for Australia Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne