We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new years eve party

Which Newcastle upon Tyne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Campbeltown, United...
reviews: 2
new years eve party

me and a few mates from argyll are planning on bringing in the new year down in the wonderful newcastle , 23-30yrs old

so looking for lively party places prices etc and any hotels close to the main places any help appreciate cheers

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 45
1. Re: new years eve party

I haven't spent a New year's Eve in Newcastle for a few years, even if I'm in the UK I tend to go to the Lakes for New Year, but as no-one has answered your question yet, I'll start it off. I don't know if things have changed but despite its party image Newcastle is not one of the great places to spend New Year's Eve.

I don't know if it is still the case but most pubs and bars used to close early (like 8pm) on New Year's Eve and those that didn't and the clubs charged admission (sometimes ticket in advance) for their New Year's Eve party.

It does look like the council have reactivated the Winter Festival this year so there are events and fireworks on the night.

here are some links to the Winter Festival and some of the club parties, etc

http://tinyurl.com/d5rgj3a

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
reviews: 83
2. Re: new years eve party

Doffcockers right Im afraid, its a good few years since anything worthwhile went into the early hours in Newcastle centre. The trend these days seems to be to nip into town for a few hours then head back to the 'local' wherever that may be.

The winter festival was on last year but done and dusted by about 6 and its probably the same this year

Newcastle, United...
reviews: 4
3. Re: new years eve party

I'd have a look on facebook at the big clubs and bars in newcastle for the new years eve events and ticket prices etc. There will be events on at Riverside, Digital, LQ, Tup Tup palace, Tiger Tiger, Powerhouse (you shouldnt need a ticket in advance), Madame Koo, House of Smith, Perdu. There's probably more but i can't think off the top of my head, you're probably looking at about £10 admission at all of them, their facebook pages should tell you which bars are their prebars or i can let you know which bars are nearby for starting off

legs1986
reviews: 8
4. Re: new years eve party

Been doing newcastle on NYE for the past 3 years, everything is open as normal but charges for nighclubs r mega bucks. Its still worth a look, i'll b there for my 4th year

Dublin, Ireland
5. Re: new years eve party

im from ireland and me and a friend are going over for new years and have no idea where to go..any ideas??

legs1986
reviews: 8
6. Re: new years eve party

Depends on how much u want to spend on ticket entry & wot your into. Personally, tiger tiger, tup tup palace or digital wud b the best bet. Check out there websites

7. Re: new years eve party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, December 17, 2013