We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Summer Live Concert

Which Guildford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 7
Magic Summer Live Concert

Hi -

I'm thinking of travelling to Guildford from the U.S. for the Magic Summer Live concert this July and was hoping someone could help with a few questions:

Does it make sense to stay to stay in London and travel to Guildford each day or would that be a hassle?

Is Guildford a large city? If we stay in town, is there much to do?

Does anyone know what to expect for this festival? Will it be crazy or subdued?

Thanks for your help...

4 replies to this topic
Surrey
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
reviews: 104
1. Re: Magic Summer Live Concert

Hi there

Guildford is a lovely Surrey town with a huge choice of restaurants, shops and english pubs.

I would stay in Guildford, as the site where the concert is held is walking distance to the centre of Guildford, and you really wouldnt want to stay until the last act finishes at the concert then walk/drive/taxi to get to Guildford station, walking its the other side of city, so at least 25 min walk or 10 min drive depending on traffic which I guarantee will be a nightmare at the end of the concerts... and then you will have a 40/50 min train journey to waterloo, and then a further possible tube trip to your hotel...so stay in Guildford. However, before you do book accomodation in Guildford do check on here first to make sure that the hotel is walking distance to stoke park (where the concert is held) before booking anything

Guildford, United...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Magic Summer Live Concert

Just out of interest, is the concert your only reason for travelling from the US this summer? The only reason I ask is that it is likely to be relatively small in terms of concerts. This is the first year they have done it. On previous years there was Guilfest, but they lost funding for it, so couldn't continue. Guilfest was always billed as being very family-friendly, so I don't know whether they have the same idea for the Magic concert.

Guildford itself is a beautiful town... google image "Guildford, Surrey" to see some of the sights. Mostly of interest if you are interested in history as there are a lot of old buildings. I would stay in Guildford, and if you want to travel to London it is only 40 minutes on the train, direct to London Waterloo. If you are staying for a long period of time, then I would maybe consider splitting my time between Guildford and London, but definitely try to stay in Guildford during the concert.

Portsmouth, United...
3. Re: Magic Summer Live Concert

Just a quick question on this event....Do you know if you will be able to take your own snacks and drinks in? We went to the Mumford & Sons gig last weekend at Olympic Park in London and were unaware that you could take your own in. Dont want to be caught out like that again as I have certain dietry requirements.

London
reviews: 42
4. Re: Magic Summer Live Concert

Hi, I read on the site that you're not allowed to take your own food and drinks - other than small bottles of soft drinks.

M

Reply to: Magic Summer Live Concert
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted