We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stone in staffordshire

Which Stoke-on-Trent hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nuneaton
stone in staffordshire

What is Stone in Staffordshire like e.g. the atmosphere, the young teenagers, houses, the good and the bad areas of stone etc....

Stoke-on-Trent...
Destination Expert
for Stoke-on-Trent
reviews: 343
1. Re: stone in staffordshire

Stone is a small market town about 8 miles to the South of Stoke-on-Trent, which is a city with a quarter of a million inhabitants. I would imagine the size (population) of Stone is something like 20,000 - 25,000. It has a nice high street with small versions of the usual chain shops (Woolworths, Boots, etc. etc.) and some very nice cafes and restaurants. It used to be known as a little bit of a sleepy town but has a few decent pubs because there used to be a beer brewery (Joules's) in the town. More recently it has become a bit of a commuter town with quite a number of people who work in Stoke (or even Birmingham) choosing it as a home base as it is quiet. House prices reflect that it is a desirable place to live and there is a train station there but constant talk of it closing. (I can find out definite plans on that if you wish) As for teenagers, I'm not sure there's that much to do although a river and a canal run through Stone and I know of a watersports club (mainly canoeing) which is based there. There is one bar which has dance / techno music and two who regularly feature bands. The best-known of these is GRANVILLE'S which people travel a fair distance to visit. I'm sure they'd have a website if you google search it.

All the best.

2. Re: stone in staffordshire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 12, 2009