We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night out in Stafford.

Which Staffordshire hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
reviews: 3
Night out in Stafford.

Hi Everyone.

For my 21st a group of myself and 9 girls are travelling up from Essex to go to Alton Towers.

We are staying in Stoke-on-Trent for the whole weekend however on the Saturday night I have arranged for a minibus to take us into Stafford for a night out.

As I was advised that Stafford is the most lively place around that area - I have booked a VIP area at club CASA.

Can anyone advise on anywhere else to go!? Have been reading on some review and can see that a lot of people have stated that the area is full of 14 year olds getting drunk.

Hopefully you guys can help on suggestions of where to go to make my birthday weekend a great one.

Thanks

Chelsea :) xxx

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 110
1. Re: Night out in Stafford.

I'm going into town tonight so will get back to you on the age groups etc in CASA and other places at the moment. CASA have a very strict dress code (no trainers etc).

The CASA end of town seems to be THE place to go at the moment

The area around CASA gets very lively later in the evening on Friday and Saturday nights, with there being quite a few other popular pubs close by. There is a taxi rank right outside and taxi marshalls operate later on. There was a big police presence in the area the last time we were down by CASA,but apparently they are there each week to prevent any trouble starting.

There is a nightclub around the corner from there (on Newport Road) called Couture which is full of 14/15 year olds. It's quite amusing seeing them all lined up to go in, especially as a lot of the queue are in my 16yr old sons class! lol One I would avoid to give a miss!

Just up the road from CASA ,walking toward the centre of town, is 'The Post House' . Not long opened and is proving VERY popular. We went in a couple of weeks ago and it was packed. It's got several bar areas, disco area and outside patios etc.

Just a bit further into town The Swan Hotel is another popular place for all ages.

A Weatherspoons across the road from Casa,' The Picture House' is OK .

'The Littern Tree' on a path by the river just up from Casa has quite a rough crowd and I didn't feel too comfortable when we ventured in the last time.Wasn't any trouble but you could sense the atmosphere and I was expecting something to brew up at any minute!

I'll try to make a note of the good places tonight (Cider memory permitting! lol) and get back to you :)

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
2. Re: Night out in Stafford.

Right - back early from our night in Stafford Town Centre due to hubby arriving for the night out p11ssed up after the footie!!! GGrrrr

The Swan Hotel had lots in, but the music is turned down so not the sort of place for 21 year olds to live it up in my eyes,although it has got a good busy and friendly atmosphere to enjoy a drink.

Whilst in the ladies loo a couple of girls were saying they were going to 'Couture night club' if free to go in, but weren't going if they had to pay - so may be able to get in for free before a certain time just to see what it's like!

The Post House just up the road from Casa ,which has the 'Red' disco bar as well as its other bars is probably one of the best bets and one of the most popular bars at the moment, together with The Picture House (Weatherspoons) which is across the road from Casa.

When we got a taxi by Casa at 9.15pm ( a few hours earlier than expected!) casa was more or less empty ,but obviously fills up later.

There aren't really any more lively disco bars in the town centre past The Swan Hotel so not worth hunting around the town.

The Grapes Pub is also across the road from Casa and is a live music bar. Didn't make it there though ......

Good Fish&chip shop over the road from Casa as well if you are feeling peckish.

(Beware-road looks like it is pedestianised outside Casa but it isn't and the buses whizz down there, pedestrians or not! )

So to sum it up........ Casa, Post House, The Picture House, Swan Hotel, Grapes (and maybe The Yard - never been in there later on at night , though it was busy earlier on tonight) All situated around that area.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
3. Re: Night out in Stafford.

Just to add, Stafford isn't as lively as a lot of places (lots of the nightclubs and bars have closed down lately,including a decent nightclub which was right next to Casa) so don't expect wall-to-wall people down the streets . But if you stick around that area you should have a lively night.

Have fun ! Hope you all enjoy the weekend :)

Essex
reviews: 3
4. Re: Night out in Stafford.

Wow StaffordJas - Thanks so much!!

I could not have asked for a more descriptive guide on where to go!!

I shall try Post House & The Picture House before arriving to CASA.

Great idea mentioning the Fish & Chips - Think this shall be a late night eat before we leave to go home.

Thanks once again

Chelsea :) xxx

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
5. Re: Night out in Stafford.

Hi Chelsea,

Your choice of Post House & Picture House sounds good.

Just to mention that if the fish &chip shop is shut there are plenty of Pizza & curry type take-aways just around the corner as well.

Hope you enjoy Stafford - let me know how you get on ;-)

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
6. Re: Night out in Stafford.

Fish & Chip shop door says open til 4am :)

reviews: 1
7. Re: Night out in Stafford.

Hi. Does anybody know the dress code for couture for men? Are chinos and toms acceptable? Dont wanna turn up and be turned away.

Thanks

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
8. Re: Night out in Stafford.

Hi

Can't really say as they seem to have a very strict dress code. Would have thought the chinos would be ok ,but not sure about toms.

Best to give them a ring and check what clothes ,especially the shoes, are acceptable for the night you plan to go .

I know when it first opened there was a big thing in the papers about how they were even turning all men with tattoos away. Don't know if that's still the case, but best to check on that as well if any of your party has a visible tattoo.

Telford, United...
9. Re: Night out in Stafford.

Hey,

Was this a good night out?

It's my 18th next month and have never been to Stafford, nor have any of my friends so not sure what its like round there.

Want a good night out where I can get up and have a dance with my friends, make it a night to remember...

Is this the place or should I make other plans lol?

Thank you

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
10. Re: Night out in Stafford.

Couture would probably be your best bet -all got to be at least 18 at weekends with ID though. (Blanc & Noir, part of the same building next door is something like over about 25's)

'Casa' and 'Red' are just around the corner but you would have to check on ages.

All the nightlife for youngsters seems to be centred around that end of town nowadays. Also got takeaways of all sorts and taxi rank etc around there.

Not on the scale as some other towns & cities though!

Edited: 6:25 am, January 29, 2013