We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
Hotel advice

My gf and I are planning on visiting Bath for two nights in mid-Oct. This is part of 10 day trip - the other 8 nights being spent in London. As these are our only days away from the big city, we are looking for a nice place to relax and see the sights of Bath at our own pace.

We would like to spend around 100 GBP/night, less would be great. I've spent hours and hours reading the reviews on this site and in this forum, and believe the Queensberry, at 110GBP/night for a standard double is probablya good combination of price/location/and luxury.

We will be arriving via train and will not have a car, so a location within easy walking distance to the sights is important to us. I just want to make sure I am not overlooking any other great hotels in the area before I make the bookings. Do any forum users have any other suggestions? Thanks much!

Bath, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Bath
reviews: 97
1. Re: Hotel advice

Do you want a hotel or B&b? You see i have heard that the Queensbury is not all it's cracked up to be, in fact i am pretty sure there is a report on this site that says so. There is a lovely little b&b called The Crescent Guest House. It is run by a lovely couple. The rooms are nice and they are famed for their breakfasts. Here is their web site

www.crescentbath.co.uk. I would certainly read what TA members have to say about there and the Queensbury before you book. The Crescent is not far from the Queensbury, and easy stroll in to Bath.

Allvox

Minneapolis, MN
2. Re: Hotel advice

Thanks for the reply. I think we really would prefer a Hotel to a B&B at this stage. I will look a little further - The Queensberry seemed to have good reviews overall (there's always a few folks reporting bad experiences, isn't there?) but if the word is it's not so great I will certainly look for other options.

Bath, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Bath
3. Re: Hotel advice

I don't know if it would be a little too expensive, but the mcdonald bath spa hotel seems to have improved greatly just recently. I am a member of the spa there, which is really quite good and is free to use for guests. There are lots of websites that offer good deals to stay there, and the hotels own website gives examples of special deals, they have one running now, but it's only till end of september, however, i am sure they have regular special offers.

If i can help you with anything else, food and drink are my specialties!

Please let me know

Av

Somerset
reviews: 7
4. Re: Hotel advice

Hi, mn, have read your post and think that you have a few options. I have to first disagree with allvox, i have friends who stay in Bath a couple of times a year and they love the Queensberry, so i would recommend the hotel. Bath Spa gets mixed reviews, although it can be good it is quite large and can be quite impersonal.

The Royal Crescent hotel is set in the centre of John Woods architecural masterpiece and is breathtaking. The hotel opens through into private gardens and is very beautiful, however it is on the expensive side.

There are also many great B&B's and it may be worth looking at www.bigha.com, which is a website for local small B&B's. In particular i have had friends who stayed at the Ayrlington and had a great time. Chestnuts B&B also getting very good reviews and very central.

Harringtons hotel is also worth looking at right in the centre of town, and is quite good on price.

I hope you have a great visit, let us know where you stay and what you think. By the way check out the new Bath Spa which has finally opened, i went recently and thought that it was fantastic.

Bath, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Bath
5. Re: Hotel advice

Teresa69,

i did suggest a b&b but they only want to stay in a hotel. I did n't reccomend the crescent as they don't want to spend more than £110 per night. I am glad you have friends who have enjoyed the Queensbury, have they written up their experiences on TA, it would be good if they have, that will offset the negative reviews.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 3
6. Re: Hotel advice

Hi MN,

Used to live in Chan!

Check rates on discount sites and reviews for the Windsor Hotel in Bath. It's on a gorgeous street and in a great locale in City Centre close to everything.

Minneapolis, MN
7. Re: Hotel advice

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I went ahead and booked the Queensbury as it just seems like what we are looking for. In reading the reviews, there were about 6 or so bad reviews out of 49, although most of them seemed to be one-off bad experiences, not symptomatic as a whole of a bad hotel. I could be wrong...we will see. Thanks again - I checked out all the places suggested - some were just out of the price range, other's too B&Bish for our tastes.

I can't wait to visit Bath in just over a month and am immersed in reading the other threads regarding places to eat and drink. Looks like we might be paying onefishtwofish a visit!

P.S. Hi Iowa - went to ISU myself, so I could just as easily have IA in my name.

Bath, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Bath
8. Re: Hotel advice

Hi mn , glad you are sorted out. Yes well deduced, onefish is a favourite! If you need to know where, in my opinion, are the best places to wine and dine, please don't hesitate to ask!

UK
reviews: 6
9. Re: Hotel advice

I've got in a bit late here ! Do write back on the forum and tell us what you thought of the hotel / restaurants and your whole trip, when you get back.... Enjoy your stay !

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 3
10. Re: Hotel advice

Go Cyclones! My son and daughter are both fairly recent grads of ISU.

Bath is a magical city. I know you'll love it here!