We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation in Bath . need help please !

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beirut, Lebanon
reviews: 12
transportation in Bath . need help please !

hi all .

we will be in Bath in May . Among other attractions we would like to see the Abbey View Gardens , the Royal Crescent and the Alexandra Park .

can someone please tell me how can I go to these spots ? bus number for example . and in which sequence . I was thinking to start from the city center , to the royal crescent , then to Alexandra Park , then to Abbey View Gardens . Is it the right choice ?

thanks a lot . R.G.

9 replies to this topic
Solihull
reviews: 8
1. Re: transportation in Bath . need help please !

Walk?

Bath city centre is not that large and part of the enjoyment of seeing Bath is to walk round the city.

Barnstaple, United...
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
reviews: 163
2. Re: transportation in Bath . need help please !

It is a very easy city centre to walk as it is very small but bus times and numbers are available here:

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/bristol_bath/

London, United...
reviews: 14
3. Re: transportation in Bath . need help please !

It is easy to walk and there is so much to see while doing so. I wouldn't want to miss any of it by taking a bus around.

Bath, UK
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 36
4. Re: transportation in Bath . need help please !

My allotment is in Abbey View Gardens - why are you going there ? apart from my allotment there is nothing else to see, except for a view of the city, but there are plenty of other places to get that.

And why Alexandra Park ? it is just an ordinary park, again with a nice view of the city but nothing else. Victoria Park is much nicer, and is right next to the city centre.

If you want a view of the city, try taking the hop-on-hop-off bus and getting off at the South Entrance to the University, then walking the few hundred metres to the Sham Castle - a folly with wonderful views across the city.

Beirut, Lebanon
5. Re: transportation in Bath . need help please !

hi all . unfortunately I have a one day to spend in Bath (will stay there overnight) . I would like to see as much as I can . The reason I want to visit Alexandra Park and Abbey View Garden is just to see some views of the city from above . but the question is : I will take the National Trust Skyline Walk . will it be enough to enjoy such views ? so there will be no need to add Alexandra park and Abbey garden

by the way , Sham castle and the University are included in the skyline route .

Edited: 8:35 am, April 24, 2014
Bath, UK
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 36
6. Re: transportation in Bath . need help please !

There is loads to see in Bath, not sure you will have time for the skyline walk, which is some way out of town.

What time of year will you be here ?

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
reviews: 38
7. Re: transportation in Bath . need help please !

Alexandra Park usually has a great view of the city (but sometimes it depends on how diligent the council are with pruning!). Abbey View Gardens is about 1/3 as high and okay for the time poor (or people in the area).

1/2 way up Bathwick Hill is another option. A different perspective would be to walk up to Lansdown or Camden Crescents.

Beirut, Lebanon
8. Re: transportation in Bath . need help please !

in May , Roman Citizen .

thanks for the suggestions , sueduncBATH

Beirut, Lebanon
9. Re: transportation in Bath . need help please !

hi guys . I just returned from my trip . my last stop was Bath . what a wonderful place !!!!!! I just wanted to say that I didn't regret going to Alexandra Park . a visit to Bath would be incomplete if you don't go to Alexandra Park . of course not to see the park , but the view points overlooking Bath are overwhelming . the view is extremely wonderful .

I also did the Bath skyline walk . nice to enjoy the countryside . unfortunately I lost the track in the last small part of the walk . 15 more minutes and it would have been complete . well , the walk has nothing to do with Bath itself (though at some points you have a nice view of the city) , but it was a great experience to enjoy the pure nature .

thanks for your suggestions .

Reply to: transportation in Bath . need help please !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bath