We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days - Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, etc?

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alton, Illinois
reviews: 65
5 days - Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, etc?

We have a 10 day trip scheduled soon. Traveling into London and have a rental car. first night and last 4 nights booked in London. We have 5 nights and days to plan otherwise. We have been to Brighton, but were thinking about Bath, or Bristol, or Cardiff. We also want to see Stonehenge and maybe a castle. We like to stay near shopping and dining in a city center but we can take day trips. We also may spend the first night outside of London in Southampton, Bournemouth, or Winchester. I am really torn on where to make our home base and don't want to move daily.

Also, I am terrified of driving in high places and don't want to cross that Bristol suspension bridge (or anythinng like that) but want to go into Cotswolds... I can't find any info on whether driving is treacherous there.

Barnstaple, United...
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
reviews: 163
1. Re: 5 days - Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, etc?

I would have thought a stop-over in Winchester would be a great idea, it is a lovely town and well worth seeing the cathedral and Round Table. You could then head on to Bristol via Stonehenge:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=winchester&daddr=Stonehenge,+Amesbury+to:bristol&hl=en&sll=51.309665,-1.94139&sspn=0.858457,2.469177&geocode=FTscCwMdQgLs_yljdPmNUgV0SDGh7ahmXYakZw%3BFYLtDAMdWiLk_yFx1I2uJiGawikR9gqFO-ZzSDFx1I2uJiGawg%3BFTEiEQMd-oLY_ylh2LOBZoNxSDEf15pLLrLkjg&oq=stone&mra=ps&t=m&z=9

You can very easily avoid the Clifton Suspension bridge and still visit and enjoy Bristol. I have never crossed the bridge and visit Bristol several times a year! You could then be based on the edge of Bristol to be well placed to visit both Bristol city and Bath.

Be assured there is no 'treacherous' driving in the Cotswolds, either!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
2. Re: 5 days - Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, etc?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186460-i309-k55…

Alton, Illinois
3. Re: 5 days - Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, etc?

Ya, I purposefully duplicated the forum to get more responses. Thanks so much for your tips! I am still planning...leaving next week!

4. Re: 5 days - Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, etc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bath