We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advise for my trip to Bath?

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 7
advise for my trip to Bath?

Hello guys... I'm planning to go on this trip with my parents using our car.

-Arrive in Bath by 2 afternoon

-Check-in in Hilton Hotel and leave our stuff and park the car

-Visit the Roman Baths and take the bus tour

-Eat somewhere then back to the hotel by the end of the day

Day2:

-Check out from the hotel

-go to stonehenge by car

-then back to London

what do you think of this plan? anything could be added? and do you know where to park the car? in booking.com they say there is no parking near the Hilton but there is a parking space for £15/24hours.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
reviews: 38
1. Re: advise for my trip to Bath?

Hi

The Hilton hotel is very central and a flat walk to everywhere. There is a car park BELOW the hotel. It is possible to save a few pounds on parking, but you will have to park some distance from the hotel.

Don't panic, but Bath council has invested a significant amount of money in number-plate recognition traffic cameras. Just down the road from the Hilton at Waitrose there is what we call a "busgate". There isn't a gate, and there aren't many buses, but DO NOT drive past Waitrose. Get into and out of town along Walcot street and the one-way system around Broad Street. Yes there are exceptions to the rule (perhaps google timings a week before you travel).

You don't mention when you are visiting, but the Roman Baths open late in the summer (last entry is 9pm in July/August). The coach tours tend to disappear back to London by about 4pm so you might prefer to do a bit of exploring beforehand.

I might even try to get to Bath about 30 minutes earlier so you have time to catch the 2pm Mayor of Bath Guides free walks

http://www.bathguides.org.uk/when-where.html

The main tourist sights are within a 1/2 mile radius of Bath Abbey so consider walking rather than the HoHo bus if you don't have difficulties walking. There are some suggested walks here (or you can buy some from the tourist info centre)

visitbath.co.uk/things-to-do/tours-and-sight…

Since you have a car, consider visiting Castle Coombe and/or Lacock and travelling back home to London along the A4

London, United...
2. Re: advise for my trip to Bath?

I guess I will eventually drive past Waitrose coz i don't know the stretts names there and will rely on my satnav. but do u know the name of the street? so i exclude it from the route planning in the satnav.

I'm visitng Bath in June or July.

That Mayor tour sounds interesting! i will try to arrive earlier at Bath.

I will consider visiting Castle Coombe and Lacock.

Thanks for your informative reply :)

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
reviews: 38
3. Re: advise for my trip to Bath?

Avoid Northgate Street (unless on foot)

Bath, UK
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 35
4. Re: advise for my trip to Bath?

Stonehenge is about an hour from Bath, and takes less than an hour to see: what time do you have to be back in to London ?

And what dates/ days of the week are you coming ?

London, United...
5. Re: advise for my trip to Bath?

I'm coming to Bath on Monday and leaving Bath the next day - Tuesday.

I thought to be in London by 19:00 on Tuesday.

6. Re: advise for my trip to Bath?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 am, June 21, 2013