We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen Weekend - Ideas & recommendations needed !

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Hen Weekend - Ideas & recommendations needed !

Hi,

I'm arranging a hen weekend in Bath for the last weekend in September and just working out what we do whilst there.

We're staying at B&B close to the station on the Friday and Saturday night and are potentially looking to have a chilled night on the Friday with just a few drinks out and then do something in the day on the Saturday before an evening out - and grabbing some food along the way.

Would be great to hear ideas. They'll be about 14 or 15 of us and we're all early to mid 30's on the whole. We're looking to do it all on a bit of a budget too.

Interested in wine tasting, cocktail making classes and any other ideas anyone can recommend.

Looking for a buffet type meal on the Saturday possibly before a trip to a bar or club where we can dance the evening away. Musically looking for something that plays a bit of everything - pop / classics / indie - not really dance.

Any ideas would be lovely! Slightly overwhelmed with the task ahead!

Many thanks.

Bath, UK
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 36
1. Re: Hen Weekend - Ideas & recommendations needed !

Do some searching - on this forum and elsehwere on the net.

Bath has become a bit of a centre for hen do's (partly I suspect because we don't get many stag do's), I saw at least 2 on Saturday evening, so there should be loads of postings on this subject.

A visit to the Roman Baths for a bit of Kulture might be nice. You could also go to the spa for some pampering - sorry, no idea of costs.

The spa and the Roman Baths are NOT the same place, btw, to clear up a common confusion.

Barnstaple, United...
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
reviews: 163
2. Re: Hen Weekend - Ideas & recommendations needed !

The Spa isn't very 'budget' but would be a great idea, I'd have thought:

thermaebathspa.com/treatments/groupbookings/

There is a local wine tasting company (which caters to hen do's, according to their website), Bath Wine Tasting:

http://www.bathwinetastingcompany.com/

You'll find some info on clubbing in Bath here, too:

http://www.viewbath.co.uk/clubs.aspx

I'd also recommend a visit to the Pump Room for a tea, coffee or spa water; it is a lovely building and a bit of an experience.

3. Re: Hen Weekend - Ideas & recommendations needed !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:40 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bath