We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handicap Stay in Bath?

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, Missouri
reviews: 1
Handicap Stay in Bath?

I will be cruising out of Southampton this summer. I'm looking to extend my stay before and after with a small town stay of a few days and a stay in London of a few days. I'm in a wheelchair and am looking for adapted facilities in a small, romantic, friendly hotel or B&B that doesn't cost an arm AND a leg! (under $200/night?) I DON'T want a big, souless glass chain megahotel.

Also, would Bath be fairly easy to get around? (Few hills or steps? Curbcuts and few cobblestones?)

Bath, UK
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 36
1. Re: Handicap Stay in Bath?

I suggest you get hold of the tourist information office regarding wheelchair access to hotels: unfortunately many of the small hotels in Bath are in Victorian (or older) buildings, with no lift.

The streets have plenty of curbcuts, as you call them, by which I guess you mean dropped kerbs.

Check the Roman Baths website regarding access to the Roman Baths complex. The Pump Rooms will not be a problem.

Bath is quite a hilly city, but the central area is reasonably flat, and should not gie you problems.

Bath, England
2. Re: Handicap Stay in Bath?

Unfortunately very few of the hotels and B&B's will have the facilites that you require, as Roamn Citizen has pointed out, the majority of them are period properties without access. All I can suggest would be one of the modern hotels such as the Hilton Bath City, The Menzies Waterside or The Express by Holiday Inn, all of which are souless megehotels. The only other suggestion I have would be The Bath Priory which is a beautiful hotel with great facilites, however you will need to double your budget at least!

Bath is accessible to wheelchair users, however many of the aatractions are also in period properties which means that some of the displays will not be accessible. Enjoy Bath, it is a fantastic place to be.

London, United...
reviews: 30
3. Re: Handicap Stay in Bath?

In the event that you still decide to visit I can recommend the Thermae Spa complex being fantastic for visitors in wheelchairs.

My nephew is in a wheelchair and we treated him and his mother to a trip to the Spa. They had nothing but praise for the facilities and the staff - they had a fantastic time and were well looked after.

Added bonus of discounted tickets as well!

4. Re: Handicap Stay in Bath?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bath