We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shropshire part of our trip?

Which Shropshire hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Netanya, Israel
reviews: 16
Shropshire part of our trip?

Hi!

We came back from UK vacation a week a go. Already began to gather info for our next Summer. Among few possible destinations, a circular self driving tour: LHR - Waddesdon Manor - Shropshire ( day or two ) - Wales ( 8-10 days ) - Malverns/Cotswolds ( day or two ) - LHR, seems like a nicest one. We are a family ( 2+2 ), pretty much interested in gardens,parks, woodland walks, scenery, castles/stately homes. Timing: second half of July, beginning of August 2015.

I have been reading about Shropshire and it looks like Ludlow or Shrewsbury( one of them ) will be the town we would like to visit. Any suggestions for the rest of Shropshire part of the trip?

Any input is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Yuri.

Edited: 7:19 am, August 20, 2014
26 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
reviews: 71
21. Re: Shropshire part of our trip?

<<What I understand is, we better do places in Eastern middle Wales from Shropshire. >> - If you want to stay in Premier Inns, there aren't many in this area - one at Oswestry, one in Shrewsbury and another labelled Shrewsbury North which is about 5 miles north of the town. Otherwise you're into north Wales or more into England. PI does offer reliability, but they aren't (yet) everywhere, so you may need to consider alternatives.

I think you have it when you say you need to put places on a map - by now from your various threads you've got lots of ideas - if you plot them on a map you'll probably be better able to see "clusters" and work out where you need to look for bases.

Netanya, Israel
22. Re: Shropshire part of our trip?

Cheers mate!

Yuri.

york
Destination Expert
for York
reviews: 29
23. Re: Shropshire part of our trip?

Or kids loved the area round iron bridge, especially blist hill museum. we stayed in a travel lodge, ok but not brilliant.

Netanya, Israel
24. Re: Shropshire part of our trip?

Thanks Orbitalgirl !

We still haven't decide on the destination , so I gather info on few forums. It works fine. Whatever I learn will be used in the future. You country has so much to offer!

Yuri.

P.S. My regards to the sweet town of York.

shrewsbury
reviews: 23
25. Re: Shropshire part of our trip?

Shrewsbury has a riverside premier inn ,my parents stay when they come over and visit.

Iron bridge has lots of great museums and is a world hereatige. Site ,clun and bishops castle are lovely shrewsbury is a great town too the quarry park is great for kids and adults too

Netanya, Israel
26. Re: Shropshire part of our trip?

Thanks Chris!

Yuri.

Reply to: Shropshire part of our trip?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted