We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good pub with accomodation or B&B near good pub N. Shrops

Which Shropshire hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford
reviews: 22
Good pub with accomodation or B&B near good pub N. Shrops

Hi we are looking for somewhere to stay around Oswestry area for a couple of nights on way to Shrewsbury Folk Festival. Either a pub with accomodation or a B&B near a good pub(s). Preferably in a village rather than town as we will have our camping gear with us so want to feel reasonably secure. We don't really like to pay more than £60 for a double/twin room. We plan to vist the Cross Keys at Selatyn & Hawkestone Follies while we are there - also is a visit to Oswestry wortwhile

Thanks!

Church Stretton...
reviews: 91
1. Re: Good pub with accomodation or B&B near good pub N. Shrops

There is Ashfield Farm House in Maesbury Marsh Village couple of miles from Oswestry has good reviews. Then there is the Navigation Inn again in same village with again good reviews. Both have web sites for you to research further. Hope this helps.

Bradford
2. Re: Good pub with accomodation or B&B near good pub N. Shrops

Thanks - we have have discovered The Swan Inn in Pontafog and hope to stay there but I will bear these in mind for future as we go to Shrewsbury Folk Festival every August so we are always looking for somewhere different to stay

Thanks again

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 94
3. Re: Good pub with accomodation or B&B near good pub N. Shrops

I got all excited when I saw the Navigation Inn,thinking we had found a good B&B for our short break away next week for hubby's birthday treat. The web site makes it sound really good,but....It doesn't mention accommodation and doesn't appear to be open on Mondays & Tuesdays. ?????

Do most places stay closed around that area on Monday & Tuesdays?

(The Swan Inn in Pontafog says the restaurant only open Wednesday - Sunday as well)

Church Stretton...
reviews: 91
4. Re: Good pub with accomodation or B&B near good pub N. Shrops

I think Mondays tend to be a slow night so lot of places don't offer service. I've just looked on the Oswestry site about hotels and there are some excellent reviews. Sebastians Hotel and they have a good restaurant, Pen-y-Duffryn Hotel sounds wonderful so don't give up and come and spend a few days in our area.

Bradford
5. Re: Good pub with accomodation or B&B near good pub N. Shrops

We stayed at The Swan as mentioned earlier - though it is over the border in Wales it is very handy for N. Shropshire too - I'll be posting a review later but can recommend it - very friendly, nice pub and the valley is beautiful - though unfortunately the weather wasn't when we stayed!

Shrewsbury, United...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Good pub with accomodation or B&B near good pub N. Shrops

The Tontine Inn in Melverely is a lovely pub, food all week and great accomodation. Strongly recommend.

7. Re: Good pub with accomodation or B&B near good pub N. Shrops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, June 10, 2011