We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Didcot Station - steps required to change platforms?

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, Colorado
reviews: 11
Didcot Station - steps required to change platforms?

We'll be traveling from Bath to Oxford on 9 May with a change at Didcot station. Are stairs likely be an issue for us to change trains? I purchased advance tickets and made sure we have plenty of time between trains. My only concern is that we'll have luggage (one small rolling suitcase each), but mom is older and won't be happy carrying hers up/down stairs.

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
reviews: 3
1. Re: Didcot Station - steps required to change platforms?

Wish I remember exactly, but Didcot whilst important is a tiny station..your mum won't have a problem.

warrensburg,MO
2. Re: Didcot Station - steps required to change platforms?

Your train from Bath will arrive at Platform Two, just walk over to Platform Three for the Oxford train. No steps involved.

London, United...
reviews: 42
3. Re: Didcot Station - steps required to change platforms?

The Bath train comes in on Platform 2 and the train to Oxford leaves from Platform 3. All you'll need to do to change platforms is to walk across to the opposite side after getting off the train (use link below for clarification). If by any chance this wasn't the case there are lifts and ramps from each of the platforms, so no need for stairs.

Detailed layout of station: nationalrail.co.uk/SME/html/NRE_DID/plan.html

Frisco, Colorado
reviews: 11
4. Re: Didcot Station - steps required to change platforms?

Thank you all so much for clearing this up for me! I am much relieved :-). I am in the phase of trip planning where I start to sweat the details, so it's good to know there isn't anything to worry about.

5. Re: Didcot Station - steps required to change platforms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 30, 2015