We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit Cards

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Credit Cards

If you are to you your visa card, do you need to know your pin number? or is just signing (like in the US and Canada) all you do?

Upminster, United...
reviews: 37
1. Re: Credit Cards

You need a 4 digit PIN to use a credit card. You may get away with signing, but as the shop/hotel has to pay if there is a problem, expect a refusal.

Seattle
reviews: 6
2. Re: Credit Cards

lipstickbombshell: It's not so much the pin, as the chip. None of my US credit cards have a chip but I used my Visa last month in the UK and didn't have any problem just signing the slip. No shop or hotel refused it.

3. Re: Credit Cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 15, 2009