We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the are steps to take english course in oxford?

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Khartoum, Sudan
What are the are steps to take english course in oxford?

Hello answering professional guys,

I am Mahdi from Sudan and I finally got some money to take an english course for IELTS in oxford. The thing is I never traveled before and I dont know the steps to do so . Add to that I also need to book online, transfer money and make a plan to make the best of my 2-3 weeks stay. Can someone please who went to oxford before or knows about it give me steps to make the most of my travel or at least just steps to get there or any general pointers or any mistakes that I shouldnt make.

I got a passport and a bank account. And I choose oxford because I always wanted to go there. I am 21 years old. First goal is to prepare for and pass IELTS. Then visit places where I can do new things that are exclusive to oxford and visit colleges.

Sorry about my bad english language , thats why I need an english course

THANKS,

Oxford, United...
reviews: 122
1. Re: What are the are steps to take english course in oxford?

You might want to have a look at: http://www.ielts.org/

Have a look at their FAQ's:

ielts.org/test_takers_information/test_taker…

They should be able to give you the best advice to get you started.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
reviews: 16
2. Re: What are the are steps to take english course in oxford?

I would think that your first step is to contact The King's School which is the IELTS centre in Oxford to see when they have courses and what you need to do to enrol, pay etc.

Www.kingscolleges.com

Oxford, England
reviews: 50
3. Re: What are the are steps to take english course in oxford?

Do you have any contacts in the UK? Cos my experience of language schools is that they are VERY expensive but the tuition is not primarily one to one but mainly in a language laboratory. (That is where you sit with headphones on and listen to someone speaking to you).

I would never recommend a language school.

Gisburn, United...
reviews: 103
4. Re: What are the are steps to take english course in oxford?

russellgroup.ac.uk/undergraduate-internation…

Are you sure the course is not a scam?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
5. Re: What are the are steps to take english course in oxford?

Mahdi, your English is good now, you've done well so far.

A good friend of mine teaches ESL, is an invigilator for IELTS and has done extensive work with the Cambridge programme. Any course you take shouldn't be limited to listening exercises but include written work, reading and conversation.

There are a handful of schools in and around Oxford. Choose wisely in order to get the most for your money. englishforum.com/cgi-bin/00/schools/uk/db.pl…

You will have to fly from Khartoum to Cairo and then on to London Heathrow airport.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
reviews: 16
6. Re: What are the are steps to take english course in oxford?

Hodderhobbit...the OP is looking at a course at a language school in Oxford rather than at Oxford University. The IELTS courses are genuine and appear to use only certain accredited centres.

You are right to urge caution on foreign students who may be conned by spurious study centres but it looks as if, in this case, the course is genuine.

7. Re: What are the are steps to take english course in oxford?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 23, 2013