We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxford to Londons Three Airports

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Oxford to Londons Three Airports

Hello!

What is the quickest & cheapest way to go from Oxford directly to the following airports?

Heathrow?

Gatwick?

Stansed?

Luton?

Thank you.

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Oxford
reviews: 65
1. Re: Oxford to Londons Three Airports

For Heathrow and Gatwick it's definitely The Airline bus - www.oxfordbus.co.uk/main.php?page_id=23

Don't know about the others, but i'm sure someone else will.

Cotswolds
2. Re: Oxford to Londons Three Airports

quickest - taxi

cheapest - bus

nationalexpress.com/coach/destinations/timet…

Edited: 3:00 am, January 03, 2012
warrensburg,MO
3. Re: Oxford to Londons Three Airports

Cheapest to Luton is to take a local bus (opperated by Arriva) from Oxford to Aylesbury then another to Luton town centre then the airport shuttle from there to the terminal.

Cotswolds
4. Re: Oxford to Londons Three Airports

OP did specify 'directly' - there are cheaper <<indirect>> ways of getting to all of them

London
reviews: 34
5. Re: Oxford to Londons Three Airports

To be slightly pedantic - London has more than three airports.

Are you restricting your search because you already know that only those airports have the route you need?

That said, if I was starting at Oxford I would restrict my search to Heathrow or Birmingham. Those are your easiest transfers.

London
reviews: 37
6. Re: Oxford to Londons Three Airports

Luton and Stansted from Oxford: National Express coach 737

nationalexpress.com/destinations/…737.pdf

Heathrow and Gatwick from Oxford: The Airline coach X70 & X80:

www.oxfordbus.co.uk/main.php?page_id=23

(Of course, you also have London City Airport, London Southend Airport, London Biggin Hill Airport - and even London Oxford Airport! (out at Kidlington).

Bucks, UK
reviews: 11
7. Re: Oxford to Londons Three Airports

Looking at the OP's other thread, she is a student hoping to visit as much of "Yerp" as possible whilst studying for a term at Oxford, so she is most likely to be using the coach to Stansted and Luton to connect with Ryanair/Easyjet.

That said, I would not discount the Eurostar for trips to France, Belgium and Holland and I would echo the recommendation of other posters to spend a bit of time travelling around the UK as well, since Oxford and London are a long, long way from being all there is to see.

Cotswolds
8. Re: Oxford to Londons Three Airports

If trying to do it as cheaply as possible, and not worrying about time or number of changes then Megabus from Oxford into London and Easybus or another cheap operator (tube, Southern trains) to whatever airport has the potential to be very cheap.

Solihull
reviews: 8
9. Re: Oxford to Londons Three Airports

>>>To be slightly pedantic - London has more than three airports.

In fact they mentioned three but listed four.

Heathrow, Gatwick, Standstead, Luton.

London
reviews: 74
10. Re: Oxford to Londons Three Airports

I always used the bus to Heathrow - plain and quite cheap as well. Anyways, this might give u more info re Heathrow and gatwick:

www.oxfordcityguide.com/ee2/index.php…