We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oxford to stansted airport

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 20
oxford to stansted airport

Hello, can anyone tell me which is the fastest way to stansted.

there are buses to victoria station then catch a connection to stansted (terravision).... is that the best way.

Any quicker, relatively cheap, options?

I can't seem to find a direct service

Cotswolds
1. Re: oxford to stansted airport

There is a direct National Express service every couple of hours or so. In between they offer connections at Heathrow or in central London which tend to be quicker than waiting for the next direct one.

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 10
2. Re: oxford to stansted airport

Look at www.nationalexpress.com for the times and prices of the coach service between Oxford and Stansted. It's called "direct" but the term is used loosely - it actually goes round the houses, calling at High Wycombe, Luton Airport, Hemel Hempstead, University of Hertfordshire (sp?) and what feels like a trillion other places in between. Groan. It's actually worse than the X5 coach service between Oxford and Cambridge (popularly known as the Vomit Comet), and that's saying something! It is, however, cheap (about 20 quid return) and if you have a lot of luggage it's good since can just load it on the bus and not have to hump all your cases across half London.

One alternative I tried once - I took the blessedly fast X70 from Oxford to Heathrow, and then caught a direct National Express bus from Heathrow to Stansted. By the time you factor in waiting time, it's not a lot faster, and it costs about twice as much. Compared with transiting through London, though, it is better and easier, and probably no more expensive (less stooging about in central-London traffic jams).

If at all possible, find some mates and go shares on a taxi to Stansted - last time I asked it was about 105 quid one way. And worth every penny! Bleugh!

3. Re: oxford to stansted airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 24, 2009