We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosedale Abbey

Berkshire, UK
reviews: 14
Rosedale Abbey

We will be staying in a holiday cottage in Rosedale Abbey with friends from 28 December to 4 January. We are self-catering and would like to have dinnner out once or twice (not New Year's Eve) Can anyone recommend any good pubs within easy driving distance?

York, United Kingdom
reviews: 66
11. Re: Rosedale Abbey

Yes ..the Pipe and Glass a good choice but a long way from Rosedale.We went there after a point to point and what we had was very good but was cut short as the person I was with had been unseated that day and was more concussed than I thought and we had to make a dash to York hospital .I didnt get back to finish my meal

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
reviews: 52
12. Re: Rosedale Abbey

You must go back - their desserts are superb! My husband still raves about his honeycomb icecream........

Pickering England
reviews: 93
13. Re: Rosedale Abbey

Agree about Pipe and Glass but not a stones throw from Rosedale.

Interesting to see what now happens Star and Pheasant in Harome-our guests certainly seem to see Pheasant as better value for money.

It is very interesting that any request for pub food in the area turns into a comparison of some of the region's ,and the norths, best gastopubs/restaurants.

Berkshire, UK
reviews: 14
14. Re: Rosedale Abbey

Thanks everyone for your input. Interesting about the Star - it's a couple of years since we went there and we were very impressed at the time. I don't recall the tables being too close together then. Will try the Pheasant if we get the chance. Ian, I'm not surprised The Lion Inn was packed - I think it always is - but I think the food is definitely not up to scratch. I only wish I had more time to sample all those lovely-sounding pubs!

15. Re: Rosedale Abbey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 20, 2010