We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly pub in rothbury

Which Northumberland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
reviews: 4
Dog friendly pub in rothbury

Hi dose anyone know if there are any dog friendly pubs in Rothbury we are wanting to stay there for a Week in November. Thanks

UK
reviews: 196
1. Re: Dog friendly pub in rothbury

Hi,

If you do a search of the town name and dog friendly pubs the first page whch comes up and may be worht a look is: doggiepubs.org.uk/print/…Northumberland this may help you for other locations to.

Isle of Man
reviews: 205
2. Re: Dog friendly pub in rothbury

Hi, we called at Rothbury last year to do a walk and we had a real problem finding somewhere dog friendly at lunchtime as the pub that I'd seen on a "dogs welcome" website (The Railway) is now an Indian restaurant and wasn't even open at lunchtime. Neither the Queens Head nor the Turks Head pubs would allow the dog in, so we ended up eating in Tomlinsons Cafe which welcomed her (even though she was soaking wet, as we were!). May be worth getting in touch with both pubs to see if their policy has changed?

Northumberland...
reviews: 20
3. Re: Dog friendly pub in rothbury

Hi

I have a holiday home in Rothbury and a dog so I have the same problem! As far as I know the only pub that allows dogs in the bar (and that I would recommend going in) is The Queen's Head on ther main road.

Tomlinson's Cafe is open at lunch times and welcome dogs, the owner Jackie is lovely and the food is very good. If I can help any more please let me know!

Cheers

Andrew

Guildford, United...
reviews: 50
4. Re: Dog friendly pub in rothbury

We ate in the bar of the Queens Head last week and our dog was one of several in the bar. Food was reasonably good.

The other pub on the main street had a sign saying dogs welcome but no food that evening so we didn't go in.

5. Re: Dog friendly pub in rothbury

The Newcastle house allows dogs in both the bar and in some of their bedrooms. Tomlinson allows dogs in cafe area. Great news if u want a pre Christmas meal. They are offering 3 courses at fantastic prices. The quality and presentation are excellent. I am a frequent visitor and last week sampled the special menu. The atmosphere is warm and modern. The staff are friendly and efficient and the food sublime. Having been several times I know the cafe runs more efficiently and is much friendlier when rhetorical owner and manager habeas the day off. The young staff and chef will do anything to make you welcome and take dietary needs onto accounts. Well done to the staff and chef. An excellent meal at very reasonable prices.

Northumberland...
reviews: 20
6. Re: Dog friendly pub in rothbury

The Turks head (towards the top of the high street) also now has a sign outside saying dogs welcome.

Northumberland...
reviews: 16
7. Re: Dog friendly pub in rothbury

Hi We have recently taken over the Turks Head in Rothbury & we are dog friendly. We have extensive gardens & a sun rterrace, we also allow dogs in the bar and have a bowl of clean drinking water available at all times. Hope this helps :)

Northumberland...
reviews: 16
8. Re: Dog friendly pub in rothbury

Hi We have recently taken over the Turks Head in Rothbury & can assure you we are indeed dog friendly. We have extensive gardens, sun terrace & also allow dogs in the bar. Bowls of clean drinking water are also out every day Thanks :)

North East
9. Re: Dog friendly pub in rothbury

Hello, The Queens Head and the Turks head allow dogs in the bar areas and you are very welcome to eat from any menu in the bar. Dont know why you thought dogs where not welcome.

Teresa

Rothbury, United...
reviews: 14
10. Re: Dog friendly pub in rothbury

as far as l am aware (l live in rothbury) and all the pubs are dog friendly, they need to be as most locals have dogs and they would get little local trade if they didn't!