We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in York?

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Netanya, Israel
reviews: 18
Shopping in York?

Hi!

Since I am planning a trip to York with a 10 y.o. girl, I have to ask: How is shopping in York?

What chain stores are there? Where do I find an outlets?

For example: I know: There is no Primark in York, so my daughter will do her Primark in London.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you. Yuri.

London, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Shopping in York?

"For example: I know: There is no Primark in York, so my daughter will do her Primark in London. "

Interesting - when I was speaking to a York B&B landlady no more than a month ago, to book accommodation, she mentioned something about Primark opening in a shop previously occupied by Marks and Spencer - in Piccadilly, if I remember correctly (this, as I understand it was a furniture store - a more conventional clothes and groceries store would remain). She also mentioned the imminent opening (it may already have occurred) of a branch of John Lewis at Monks Cross. I'd certainly be interested to know if other local contributors can confirm.

Netanya, Israel
2. Re: Shopping in York?

Thank you for following my posts, dear. I wish you comment on my Cotswolds itenerary too.

Yuri.

West Yorkshire...
reviews: 32
3. Re: Shopping in York?

You asked about outlets

mcarthurglen.com/uk/york-designer-outlet/en/

Just on York outskirts, enjoy!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
reviews: 5
4. Re: Shopping in York?

Primary is supposed to be opening in vacated M&S store on Piccadilly and an additional new store at Monks Cross retail park, according to York Council in August

york.gov.uk/news/article/38/council_welcomes…

According to the Primark website, the nearest store at the moment is Harrogate.

Netanya, Israel
5. Re: Shopping in York?

Cheers mate!

London, United...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Shopping in York?

Actually more interested in corroboration of what I had been told about changes in and around the city than in your posts. Will tend to look at anyone's posts about York, other than those about clubs, hen parties and similar for any useful information or if I think I can provide any useful information based on own previous experience, which goes back to 1976.

Not the best person for the Cotswolds - total experience of that region equals one weekend.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
7. Re: Shopping in York?

The Leeds branch would be easier to reach

Netanya, Israel
8. Re: Shopping in York?

Thank you guys, but I am not planning to go to Leeds for Primark. My interest is: shopping while we at it. And it is the Yorks center.

West Yorkshire...
reviews: 32
9. Re: Shopping in York?

As a mum of girls, we wouldn't walk across the street to go to Primark, never mind travel to one! Only my humble opinion of course. Stick to York centre, as you said, or a taxi to the local mcarthurglen outlet.

Netanya, Israel
10. Re: Shopping in York?

As a Dad of a 10 year old girly girl, I do this kind of shops on the rainy day occasion.

Last time we were in Primark, H&M and Zara was in Edinburgh, when it was raining cats and dogs. You know it rains in England oftenly, or you are an Israelly too?

Yuri.

Edited: 5:24 pm, February 18, 2014