We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two for the town: best night out in York?

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 28
Two for the town: best night out in York?

My friend and I are going to York for two nights on the 15th for my 22nd birthday and we're not planning on being very sober either night of our visit! Are there any clubs anyone would recommend? Any areas or places to avoid? Neither of us are very specific in musical taste/decor, just somewhere we can dance, drink and have a good time, the usual stuff.

York
Destination Expert
for York
reviews: 242
1. Re: Two for the town: best night out in York?

The best parts of York (unless you like Hen & Stag nights on Micklegate) are on the Minster side of the river. Goodramgate, Stonegate, Low Petergate, High Petergate, Church St, Swinegate are all interconnected streets that have decent pubs.

The lively bars are on Swinegate - Blind Swine, Biltmore, 1331, Esperanza or Bobo Lobo, Kennedy's around the corner are upmarket and lively and play party music loud on Fridays & Saturdays until 2am but there around 10 bars in this area. Quirky lively real ale bars / pubs that are not boring are Pivni, Lamb & Lion, White Swan, Olde Starre and Trembling Madness

2. Re: Two for the town: best night out in York?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 06, 2014