We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/restaurants with entertainment

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Hotels/restaurants with entertainment

I am currently researching places to stay in January 2014. I'm organising my grandma's 90th birthday celebrations. There are approximately 30 of us, all family, ranging from 9 to 90 years old. Ideally we would like somewhere to stay, a nice meal and some form of evening entertainment. However we need this for just 1 night on Saturday 4th January.

Anyone any ideas?

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
reviews: 28
1. Re: Hotels/restaurants with entertainment

The only restaurant that comes to mind is the willow chinese on coney street (http://www.willowyork.com/) but it's upstairs so not sure if it'll be suitable for your grandma?

What about speaking to the hotels in the centre of York? Off the top of my head both The Hilton and The Park Inn have small to large function rooms available.

York
reviews: 7
2. Re: Hotels/restaurants with entertainment

The Willow probably isn't suitable for a whole number of reasons, stairs being the most minor - unless she really digs Chinese buffet, cheap beer and sticky dancefloors. Nothing particularly against the Willow, it's a cheap night out and full of "local characters", but I'm not sure I'd pick it for a 90th birthday celebration.

A hotel with a function room and booking a local entertainer might be a good plan, the hotel will have contacts I'm sure - depends what sort of thing you're after and what your budget is. I'm not aware of anywhere set up for the "Dinner and a show" sort of thing, but the excellent local Panto will still be on ...

3. Re: Hotels/restaurants with entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 15, 2014