We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to york from leeds bradford airport

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
donegal
travel to york from leeds bradford airport

what are the best methods of reaching York city centre from Leeds/Bradford airport both during the day and early morning or late at night?

North Yorkshire
reviews: 11
1. Re: travel to york from leeds bradford airport

It's not going to be easy I'm afraid. Leeds Bradford airport is in the middle of nowhere and is not served greatly by public transport. I would suggest a taxi transfer would be your easiest, but will be the most expensive. You could get a bus from the airport to either Leeds or Harrogate, then a train to York. This site gives some useful information:

lbia.co.uk/passengerinformation-gettinghere-…

York
reviews: 8
2. Re: travel to york from leeds bradford airport

As previous poster mentioned Leeds/Bradford is a little out of the way although the advantage of few queues etc makes up for it.

Having used the bus last year into Leeds I would recommend trying Harrogate as traffic into and around central Leeds is VERY slow and adds to the journey. I would think that the ride into Harrogate would be much quicker and more pleasant if connecting train or bus fits in with your schedule.

York
3. Re: travel to york from leeds bradford airport

Hi there,

It's 2 stage journey to York from there.

Metro Connect service 757 from the airport into Leeds bus company itself. A single ticket costs £1.80 for an adult. It takes about 40 minutes and you can see the timetables on ww.mymetro.com.

You can then go either of 2 ways..

By Bus you can get a Yorkshire Coastliner bus (see www.coastliner.com). It tkaes approximately an hour and costs roughly £5.50 each adult. This takes you directly into York.

Altenatively, you can get a train, these run regularly until 3am in the morning bewteen York and Leeds. It takes about 30 minutes. You can check the exact times on www.nationalrail.com

I hope this helps!! It's best to check the exact times as there are occasionally gaps in the timetables, especially near late evening.

York
4. Re: travel to york from leeds bradford airport

as LBA is the nearest commercial airport to York I think it is about time a bus service was provided direct instead of just to Leeds and Harrogate (and Bradford). I suppose there is little incentive as the Airport is owned and run by Leeds and Bradford City Councils and the taxi drivers are happy if no bus to York! If timed right a taxi to nearby Horsforth Railway station could connect with a direct train to York via Harrogate, or to Leeds where change trains for York.