We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intenet cafe in city centre

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 6
Intenet cafe in city centre

Since I'm not bringing my laptop, I'd like to know if there's an internet cafe located in or near the city centre. I usually use EasyInternet but the York location seems to be a bit out of the way. Thanks.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 44
1. Re: Intenet cafe in city centre

As a librarian I feel compelled to point out that you can use many public libraries for internet access...

<<<,If you are a member of North Yorkshire's libraries, you can use the computers for free for the first hour, after which there is a charge of £1.50 per hour. For non-members, there is a charge of £2.50 per hour>>>.

I seem to remember that York library is pretty central too.

Durham, United...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Intenet cafe in city centre

Hehe! I'm sitting in the only one I know of right now!

Its in the Evil Eye Lounge on Stonegate. (If you are staying in Talbot Court turn right and walk down Petergate, Stonegate is second street on your left)

The Evil Eye looks like a liqour store, just go in and ask at the counter and they'll tell you which PC is available.

Durham, United...
reviews: 22
3. Re: Intenet cafe in city centre

Here is the link (I'm off to avoid the vikings again - wish me luck!)

http://www.evileyelounge.com/

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 44
4. Re: Intenet cafe in city centre

Me again..I have just realised that the info I gave was incorrect.

York city library falls under York city council and has a different policy....

<<<Library members: First two hours free. Additional sessions charged at non-member rate

Non-members: £1.00 per session, which is up to 30 minutes >>>

and it's address is :- Address: Museum Street, York YO1 7DS. Telephone: (01904) 655631.

york
5. Re: Intenet cafe in city centre

As mentioned York City Library and Evil Eye both corect and also City Screen Cinema on Coney Street (cinema/cafe bar etc) has access ( www.picturehouses.co.uk/events.aspx… )

You may also find that your accommodation has access as most hotels and many guest houses now have access.

I have a feeling there are more but can't just think of them at the moment but will post if i remember.

Washington DC...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Intenet cafe in city centre

Thanks for the info everyone. Will have to checkout both places. There is WiFi access in my apartment but no computer and I'm definitely not bringing the laptop w/me. Or I'll just have to ween myself off of it for a couple days:)

Ange- It seems like York is your second home, since you're there so often:) But thanks for all the tips.

7. Re: Intenet cafe in city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 20, 2009