We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitby first timer .....help.

Which Whitby hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 27
Whitby first timer .....help.

Hi all ,

A friend of mine is coming to Whitby tonight to stay for 2 nights as part of a family birthday celebration. The younger females of the group are wondering if they wear an "on the town" dress will they look out of place or overdressed ? This probably seems like an odd question but hey , that's women for you ! lol,

thanks.

Wolverhampton...
reviews: 108
1. Re: Whitby first timer .....help.

Ive never been to Whitby but i am a great believer in wearing whaetever you feel comfortable in and whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

My advice is to tell them to get their frocks out and dont give two hoots what anybody thinks!! They're probably just jealous :)

Have a great weekend.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
2. Re: Whitby first timer .....help.

High heels may be a problem on the cobbles.... although I can't speak from personal experience.

Goths blend in well, if that's any help.

Barnstaple, United...
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
reviews: 169
3. Re: Whitby first timer .....help.

It is a small seaside town and dresses and heels would be a bit OTT for a night round the pubs - it is more of a tops/jeans/skirt type of place (unless you are a Goth, as peterscot says, in which case the more dressed up the better!)

4. Re: Whitby first timer .....help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 am, April 02, 2013
5. Re: Whitby first timer .....help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, December 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Whitby