We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Norwich station

Which Norwich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Great Yarmouth...
reviews: 50
Parking at Norwich station

The multi-storey car park opposite Norwich railway station has increased its charges for rail passengers from £6 per day to £20. This came in on April 1st and the surface car park is short stay. (last time I looked it was £17.50 per day)

I'm going on a day trip from Norwich station later this month and would welcome suggestions for alternative options. I'm too far away for a taxi, but refuse to pay the £20 out of principle. You can park in London for less.

54 replies to this topic
Norwich, United...
21. Re: Parking at Norwich station

Thanks Gorby. That's worth investigating. 50p card charge is well worth it !

Great Yarmouth...
22. Re: Parking at Norwich station

Do we think paying online guarantees a space?

Norwich, United...
23. Re: Parking at Norwich station

Not sure Flois. I'm going to phone them and will post the info a.s.a.p. I'm also concerned about overnight security and safety in that rather gloomy area late at night. Perhaps we can persuade them to improve the barriers and security !. Probably put the cost up. It's a no win!

Norfolk
reviews: 111
24. Re: Parking at Norwich station

You might also want to ask them if you can pay for long term parking by phone. I did this with NCP at Stowmarket a while ago. It is convenient as you can call them after you find a space.

Also be aware that Lower Clarence Rd - all tickets expire at midnight, so if you are late back you need a second day.

UK
reviews: 191
25. Re: Parking at Norwich station

Well, I'm afraid a lot of places tell me that is how much a transaction costs to process and it just sounds like they are just passing the cost onto the customer.

Norwich, United...
26. Re: Parking at Norwich station

Just spoken to RCP. re Lower Clarence Road. Multi day parking is allowed and overnight. You have to pay on line for the right number of days and then place a print out ticket in the car. Not patrolled at night but considered by the phone operator to be reasonably secure. Lights on all night. I'm still not sure about leaving a car there all night in such an open, non - controlled situation. Over to you all. Hope this helps.

reviews: 3
27. Re: Parking at Norwich station

They do! I parked after it said rail users full, as you don't know it's full until u are at the barrier. I had no choice but to go on. Got my ticket validated at station. Still had Toby £20. Disgusting.

Great Yarmouth...
28. Re: Parking at Norwich station

I will not use the car park now out of principle. Just out of interest Sarah, what time did you arrive at the car park? I'm curious to know by what time the rail user tickets are used up.

Norwich, United...
29. Re: Parking at Norwich station

I am using Lower Clarence Road now regularly. Book on line in advance with RCP parking and so far it seems OK for 2 - 3 days. A lot cheaper but there is no barrier although it is lit at night - not sure I'd leave an Aston Martin / Porsche there but for my older family saloon it's a much cheaper compromise. I also refuse to use the Leisure Car / Rail park on principle as well. There is also a short cut path down to the back of the station entrance from the corner past the Royal Mail on Lower Clarence Road. You don't have to walk all the way round to the main road junction / bridge traffic lights so it's little extra distance.

Norwich, United...
30. Re: Parking at Norwich station

It's just £4.30 on Clarence road and no limits to the number of rail users. It's literally a 3 minute walk so very near.

Norwich doesn't suffer car crime to any great extent and as long as you don't leave valuables on display i'm sure you'll be fine.

Heres a link to the RCP car-park. Hope it helps.

rcpparking.com/car_parks/…41

Reply to: Parking at Norwich station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted