We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Boat Hire - advise please

Which Norwich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridgeshire
reviews: 15
Day Boat Hire - advise please

Hi,

Im looking to hire a boat on a saturday in a couple of weeks and was wondering if you can get very far in 4 hours????

I have been told not but as we are travelling to noriwch for the weekend i thought id hire a boat just for the afternoon so we dont need to leave home at the crack of dawn! Most companies hire from 1-5pm.

I am looking at hiring a boat from Horning so not sure how far we would get though.

Please can anyone advise? As if we wont get to see much i will hire for the day and just get up extremely early!!!!

Many Thanks

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
reviews: 36
1. Re: Day Boat Hire - advise please

In my opinion, Norwich is not perhaps the ideal place from which to hire a boat. Much btter to go to Wroxham and you would possibly get to Coltishall and back.

Speed limits vary on the Broads but there are no locks and an average of 4 mph would not be unreasonable. Most boats are geared and will not go much faster than this anyway. The absolute rule is not to create a breaking wave on the banks. There are patrols about and they will not hesitate to admonish you.

Selby, United...
reviews: 7
2. Re: Day Boat Hire - advise please

There are loads of places in Wroxham that will hire you a boat for a day, half day or whatever you what,

My own opinion is, I would never hire a boat for half a day it just isn't worth it, you cant go very far and are always clock watching, Day hire normally starts a 09:30 and gives a nice relaxing day on the water.

Cambridgeshire
reviews: 15
3. Re: Day Boat Hire - advise please

Hi,

Thanks very much for the info. Weve decided to hire a boat for the whole day from Wroxham so here's hoping the weather is nice!

Many thanks again.

4. Re: Day Boat Hire - advise please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 02, 2009