We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message For Pinkfluffykitten

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
S.F.
reviews: 12
Message For Pinkfluffykitten

Does your husband work nights all year round? The midnight shift? We call it graveyard in the states. If I was him I would dread summer. I can't see coming home from working all night and have to sleep awaya warm sunny day (when you have them) I'd think those dark winter days would be perfect for night workers to sleep during. Cheers, Pub

London, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Message For Pinkfluffykitten

hi, no he works a variety of earlies 6.30am-2.30pm lates 2.30pm-10.30pm nights 10.30pm-6.30am and some weird ones after nights of 6pm-2am.

I couldnt cope with him on nights all the time, trying to keep the kids quiet is a nightmare especially in school holidays when he is sleeping and we never seem to have much time together.

there are options in the met police to do 9-5 hours etc but we both quite like shifts as I get some fairly peaceful time with him when the kids are at school and yet at times he has weekends off etc...swings and roundabouts I guess as to what is better as shifts mean I cant work as I cant get hours to fit his shifts etc but then doing the job he is doing now there is lots of lovely overtime pay!!

S.F.
reviews: 12
2. Re: Message For Pinkfluffykitten

Pink, I understand. I was on the list to be a policeman years ago. An offer came in from another company and I chose it instead. I think it was the right choice. Although nowdays I think I would make a very good policeman. The overtime must be very nice! Cheers, Pub