We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leeds Castle, Canterbury & Dover Tour

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
Leeds Castle, Canterbury & Dover Tour

I will be visiting London for seven days in April. I would like to take a day trip out of London at least one of those days. I have researched a few of the tours and thought this one sounded interesting. It was being offered by Evans & Evan, among others, for $100 per person. Has anyone done this tour? Would it be possible to do it cheaper on my own? I am not usually a fan of organized tours as I feel that they are too rushed.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
reviews: 62
1. Re: Leeds Castle, Canterbury & Dover Tour

I did this tour a few years ago with Golden - The only thing I can say is you just stop at Dover and get out and take pictures, you don't tour the castle, etc. Leeds is fabulous - you can probably do it on your own and Canterbury is great too! I did enjoy the tour and I didn't feel rushed at all.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 26
2. Re: Leeds Castle, Canterbury & Dover Tour

There are 3 or 4 companies that offer these tours and they are all quite similar. It is not practical to see all three of these places yourself in one day. Indeed both Canterbury and Leeds deserve the best part of a day themselves so yes you may feel rushed but they do give you a flavour.

Evan Evans include a private visit to Leeds Castle, entrance to Canterbury Ctahedral and an afternoon tea. They only say you will see Dover Castle not visit it.

Golden Tours also visit Greenwich and their tea is at Leeds Castle. They also offer an afternoon tour to Leeds only with cream tea

Premium Tours offer even more with the addition of a Champagne Cruise on the Thames from Greenwich to Westminster. An earlier start allows them to offer this. Good price - 58GBP.

Astral Tours offer a slightly different tour in a mini-bus that doesn't go to Dover but gives you 2 hours at Leeds Castle and also visits a couple of delightful villages - 54GBP

Hope that helps and please feel free to ask more questions.

Adam C

adamhornets@yahoo.com

3. Re: Leeds Castle, Canterbury & Dover Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:36 pm, August 09, 2005